Fiverr is the best platform for freelancers to make a passive income source. Today, there are tons of services available on this platform ideally suitable for every type of business. Starting from website designing, SEO, illustration to data entry, and voice over services, you will find everything in a single platform. What’s even more exciting is most of the service providers on Fiverr are either beginners or intermediate workers.
So, if you want to start earning a good amount of money from your most preferred skill, Fiverr is the ultimate platform for a start. This guide will help you understand why to start with Fiverr instead of any other freelance platform.
We will also be discussing some tips to write the best gigs that will help you attract a dozen new clients on Fiverr. But before moving on with that, let us see what the term freelancer actually means.
What is a Freelancer?
A freelancer is a self-employed individual who might be offering versatile services and works for multiple clients at the same time rather than being committed to a single long-term job.
Some freelancers are represented by temporary companies promising to provide various services, while others have the freedom to choose to work independently.
The first thing I would like to include is Fiverr doesn’t demand your excellence in any creative field. Hence, if you are good at anything you think would be beneficial to the business world, you can start right away.
Besides, as most of your competitors will either be beginners or intermediate service providers, you will receive a preferable competition level. So, if your services are comparatively better, there’s a chance to get more preference and rank higher in your category.
Is Fiverr a Trusted Service?
Undoubtedly, Fiverr is the most trusted platform for freelancers to work on. Since it was established in the year 2010, Fiverr has experienced considerable growth in terms of service exchange.
There are over 6 million buyers and a huge crowd of freelancers working on the platform. Most importantly, no one has ever claimed the company as any sort of a scam in the past 10 years.
How to Start Working on Fiverr?
To get started with Fiverr, the first step is to set up an account on Fiverr.com. You can either join the community using your email or simply through your Google account. Once you are logged in, it’s time to showcase your talent to the buyers and attract them.
For this, you have to become a seller on Fiverr. To set up your seller account, you need to follow the steps below:
- Go to your profile icon at the top right corner and click on ‘Become a seller’.
- Again click on the ‘Become a seller’ button. This includes 4 steps.
- Firstly, fill in your required personal information.
- In the second step, fill in your professional details such as Occupation, Skills, Education, etc.
- Next, you need to connect your social accounts such as Google, Facebook, or Twitter.
- The 4th step includes your phone number and email verification.
Once you are done with these steps, the next step includes creating your first gig on Fiverr. A Fiverr gig basically includes your major skills and achievements written in a descriptive manner that attracts the readers and lets them believe in the quality of your service. That is why gigs are given so much importance as they are the basic source to drive new clients.
Tips for Writing the Best Fiverr Gig
Your gig is the major source to attract more clients and create a relationship of trust. Thus, you need to adapt all the best practices to write your first Fiverr gig. Remember the following tips while writing your gig and watch your profile grow on Fiverr:
Also, Read- Best Writing Apps For Android And iOS
- Add a small intro defining the type of services you provide.
- Mention your skills and experiences to provide something to the buyer to believe in you.
- Include the USPs of your service that none other provides.
- Do proper keyword research relevant t0 your services.
- Include what you want from the buyer in return for your quality services.
- Inspire them, so they place an order.
- Fiverr gives a maximum space of 1200 characters to write your gig, so don’t include any irrelevant information.
- Do not write a large description of 400- 500 words.
- Do not fake your skills or experience. They leave a bad impression on the buyer.
So this is how you get started on Fiverr. You don’t have to be an expert to start earning money on Fiverr. The platform also lets you in, even if you are just a beginner. Buyers are only interested in your skills and also prefer your experience.
Just make sure to write the perfect gig and do follow the tips as said above. This will help you set up your Fiverr account and get your first client on the way.