Is the Threads app crashing on your iPhone? Then to fix it I have compiled a few troubleshooting tips which you can use right away. Inspired by Twitter Meta has launched the Threads app. It allows you to import your followers from Instagram and start engaging in meaningful public discussions just as you do on Twitter.
Now, the Threads app is fairly new. There are chances that it will have bugs. iPhone users have been complaining that the Threads app is crashing at times. If your iPhone is running on iOS 17 beta, you may end up with the Threads app crashing now and then.
There is another reason that social media and tech enthusiasts are attributing to the Threads app crashing on iPhone. When users try to attach a photo to their Threads post, the app gets stuck and crashes.
Best Tips to Fix Threads App Crashing on iPhone
Here are a few troubleshooting tips that may help in fixing the crashing issue on the Threads app on your iPhone.
1. Update Threads App
Watch out for app updates on App Store offered for the Threads app. If there is an update available for Threads, then install it.
- Launch the App Store and tap on the Apple ID profile image.
- Scroll through the apps that have updates pending.
- Beside the Threads app tap the button Update.
2. Copy and Paste the Photo Attachment on Threads
When you are trying to upload an image as an attachment with your Threads post, try to copy and paste the image.
- Go to the Photos app on your iPhone and select any photo that you want to add as an attachment.
- Highlight the photo and tap the share icon.
- Tap on the option Copy Photo from the menu.
- Launch the Threads app and start a new Thread.
- After entering your text, paste the image that you copied earlier.
3. Downgrade to iOS 16
Are you running iOS 17 beta on your iPhone? Then you need to downgrade to iOS 16 if you are constantly facing crash issues with the Threads app. Check this Apple Support page to know more about downgrading from an iOS build.
4. Log Out and Log in to the Threads App
Check if logging out and logging back in fixes the Threads app crash issue.
- On the Threads app, tap on the profile tab > tap the 2-bar icon.
- Tap on Log Out. Confirm by again tapping on Log Out.
- Tap on the login option to access your Threads account.
5. Force Quit Threads App and Launch it Again
Here are the steps to force close the Threads app.
- Swipe up or double-tap the home button of the iPhone to open the App switcher.
- Navigate to the Threads app and swipe it up to close it.
- Launch Threads app.
6. Restart the iPhone
Often restarting the iPhone will fix random bugs on the device. Follow these steps to restart the iPhone as per your device model.
7. Reinstall the Threads App
This fix is as good as installing a new app update for Threads.
- In the App Library, long press on the Threads app > select Delete App.
- Launch App Store and search for the Threads app.
- Tap the download icon to install the app back on your iPhone.
Frequently Asked Question(FAQs)
Why Does the Threads App Crash While Using Certain Features?
This can be a random issue caused due to app’s incompatibility with a certain type of media format.
I hope these tips were informative and useful in fixing the Threads app crashing issue on your iPhone. Enjoy the new social media offering from Meta without any hindrance.