Apps are the most important part of a smartphone because you cannot do anything without them. However, sometimes, almost everyone experiences app crashing issues, which is a common problem and can be resolved with a few simple steps. If you are facing app crashing issues on Android, we have the best methods for you.
There can be many reasons why apps may crash, such as compatibility issues with the device, low memory, bug in the version of the app, too many apps installed on the phone, network issues, and many other reasons that can lead to this issue.
But don’t worry; we have done a lot of research on this issue and come up with the best working methods that will surely fix the app crashing issue on your Android phone. So, let’s look at the best fixes for the Apps that keep crashing issue on Android devices.
How to Fix Apps Keep Crashing Issues on Android?
Here, we have listed the best ways to fix the app crashing issue on Android devices. If you’re frustrated with this problem, then do follow the methods below to get rid of it.
1. Restart Your Android Device
If your app keeps crashing again and again, the first thing you should do is restart the device. Sometimes, due to glitches, the app crashes and fails to load properly. Restarting the device will properly close your app and start afresh.
2. Force Stop The App
Force-stopping the app is another best step that you can take because doing this will completely close the app and clear all temporary glitches that may fix the app crashing issue. The steps to perform this method are given below.
- Long press on the app that keeps crashing and tap on App Info.
- Now tap on the Force Stop button and then click on OK.
3. Clear App Data and Cache
Clearing app data and cache is the best way to fix this app crashing problem on Android. We all know that the cache stores the frequently accessed data to speed up app performance, and Sometimes, it stores glitch files which causes the app crash issue.
- Go to App Info by long pressing it.
- Tap on the Clear data option.
- Select Clear all data and then tap on OK.
4. Check the Internet Connection
There is a high chance of the app crashing due to a low internet connection. If you are using an app that requires an internet connection, then a poor network connection can cause this problem. Just check your internet speed with the Speedtest website. If it is unstable, follow the steps below to make it stable.
- Check wifi connection: If you experience any issues with the Wi-Fi, try to reconnect with the network, or you can also restart your Wi-Fi router for a stable network connection.
- Check mobile data: If you have exceeded your mobile data limit, recharge your data plan to continue using mobile data.
- Use airplane mode: If you have mobile data but are experiencing network stability issues, try turning Airplane Mode on and off. This may help to fix the network connection.
- Reset network settings: Resetting network settings to default may fix this unstable network connection. Go to phone settings and click on the connection & sharing option and then select Reset Wifi mobile networks.
5. Free Up Storage Space
Check storage space on your Android device. If your device’s storage space is full, this could be the reason for the app crashing.
Some apps take up space to process and store temporary files, so they may crash due to insufficient space. Follow the steps below to free up some storage space.
- Go to the phone Settings and tap on the About Phone option.
- Click on Storage and tap on the Free Up button.
- Once it analyzes the free space, it will show you a Clean up button, just tap on it.
If the storage space is still insufficient even after using the Cleaner, you may need to clear the storage manually. Simply uninstall unused apps, clear app caches, and delete old or unwanted files and media.
6. Update the App
Your app can crash due to an outdated version, so make sure to update your app to the latest version. Follow the steps given below to know how to update the app.
- Go to Google Play Store and search for the app you’re having problems with.
- Click on that app and check if its updated version is available. If you see an Update button just click on it.
7. Reinstall the App
If it’s already updated, try reinstalling it. Sometimes, due to bugs or glitches, app files may get corrupted, which can cause app crashing issues. So uninstall the app and then reinstall it. This process will ensure that the app is installed properly.
- Go to the App in the Google Play Store that is crashing.
- Click on the Uninstall button, wait for a few minutes, and then click on the Install button.
8. Wipe Cache Partition
Wiping the cache partition is the most effective way to solve this crashing app problem. If none of the above methods is working, try wiping the cache partition. It will properly remove all the junk, corrupted files, and unwanted files on the Android device.
- Power off your Android device, then press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons for a few seconds. If you have an old Samsung phone with a home button, you need to press Power + Home + Volume Down buttons.
- Use the Volume Down button to go to the wipe cache partition option, and then press the Power button to select.
Once it’s done, restart your phone and try to use that app.
9. Update Android Phone
If you are using an older Android version then you should install the latest version of Android. Each Android update comes with improvements and better features, so using an older version can cause this problem. Follow the below steps to update your Android version.
- Go to phone settings and click on the About phone option.
- Click on the Android version.
- If an update is available, click on the Update button, and after successful update, restart your Android device.
10. Reset Your Android Device
If none of the methods work, resetting the phone is the last option to fix this problem. With the reset, all your data, messages, and files will be deleted so be sure to back up your data first.
- Go to the About Phone section.
- Tap on the Factory Reset option.
- Click on Erase all data button, then tap on Delete all data.
All these methods and steps are working perfectly. Try these methods to fix this app crashing issue. If you face any problem with any method, do let us know in the comment section, and we will reply as soon as possible.
If you have successfully fixed your problem and found this article informative, then share it with others who are also facing this issue. This will help them as well as us.