Facing a Visual Voicemail not working error on an Android phone is very common. It becomes frustrating when the voicemail is essential and you face this error. So, if you are looking for a way to fix this problem, we have the best solutions for all Android users.
Visual voicemail is important in our daily lives because it is not possible to talk to someone on the phone all the time. But we can stay updated and share what’s important with the help of visual voicemail.
So, if you are looking for a solution to this problem, we have compiled a list of the best ways to fix the Visual voicemail not working on Android phone error. Without further delay, let’s check out the methods you can try to fix this issue.
Why is Visual Voicemail Not Working?
If there is a problem with the Verizon Visual Voicemail app on your Android phone, and you don’t know the reason, below we have listed some common causes.
- If you are not connected to a strong or stable internet connection.
- If you are using an old version of the app, that can also cause this issue.
- Visual Voicemail App files might be corrupted.
- Visual voicemail service is not activated.
- If you don’t have enough storage space on your phone.
How To Fix Visual Voicemail Not Working?
Below, we have mentioned the best ways to fix the “Visual Voicemail Not Working” error on Android. Make sure you follow all the steps properly.
1. Restart Your Phone
Restarting the device is usually a quick and effective solution to resolve sudden issues like visual voicemail problems. If you are suddenly facing a visual voicemail issue, there is a high chance that starting the device will fix it. So, restart your phone and check if the problem is resolved. If not, you can try other troubleshooting methods.
2. Check Network Connection
If your device has an unstable network connection, it could be the reason why visual voicemail is not working on your Android phone.
You can check internet speed with the Speedtest website. If you find it unstable, restart your network connection by turning on/off airplane mode.
3. Reset Network Settings
If toggling Airplane Mode on and off doesn’t help, you need to reset your network settings to resolve this issue. Follow the given steps:
- Go to the Phone Settings.
- Tap on Connection & Sharing > Reset Wifi, mobile Networks option.
- Tap on the Reset Settings option at the bottom.
- Lastly, it will prompt you to enter your passcode. Wait for the process to complete.
4. Clear App Cache and Data
We all know that cache stores data for quick access, but sometimes cache files can get corrupted, which can cause problems in apps. Follow the steps below to clear the cache and data.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Manage Apps.
- Locate the Visual Voicemail app and click on it.
- Tap Clear all data and then click OK.
5. Update the Visual Voicemail App
If you are using an older version of the Visual Voicemail app, update it to the latest version. To check, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store and search for the Visual Voicemail.
- Tap on the app and check for updates. If an update is available, click the Update button.
6. Free Up Storage Space
This issue can also occur due to insufficient storage because voicemail messages take up space. Make sure that your phone has enough free storage.
- Go to the phone Settings > About Phone option.
- Tap on Storage > Free Up.
- Once it analyzes all the trash files, it will show you the Clean Up button. Click on it.
- You can also manually delete unwanted files from your phone’s gallery or file manager.
7. Disable/Enable Visual Voicemail
Check if Visual Voicemail is enabled on your device, if it’s disabled, follow the below steps to turn it on.
- Open the Phone app and tap on the Three Vertical Dots icon at the top right corner.
- Select Settings > Voicemail.
- Tap on the toggle button to Enable the Visual Voicemail option.
8. Reinstall the Visual Voicemail App
If you are still facing the issue, uninstall and reinstall the app. This will resolve all issues with the app and the app will be installed as new.
- Search the visual voicemail app in the Google Play Store search bar.
- Tap on the App to open.
- Click on the Uninstall button, and lastly, tap on the Install button.
9. Deactivate Call Forwarding
If none of the methods work, then make sure that your call-forwarding feature is disabled; enabling it could be one of the reasons behind this problem. Follow the steps given below to check.
- Open the phone app, dial *73, and press the call button.
- After a few seconds, you will hear a beep sound, which means call forwarding is disabled.
10. Update Your Android Phone’s OS
If the version of your Android phone is outdated, it may cause a “visual voicemail not working” issue.
- Open Phone Settings > About phone.
- Tap on the Software version Option.
- Press the Check for updates button.
- If an update is available, click the Update button.
I hope the solution to the Visual Voicemail not working error on Android phones has been helpful. These are the best and most effective methods available. If you still face any issues during any step or in any method, please feel free to comment below. We will surely help you to solve your problem as soon as possible.