Call history is one of the important features of Android smartphones. It helps to know all call logs, such as dial calls, missed calls, and received calls in a row. Also, it shows call timing and duration.
However, a lot of Android users reported that call history was not showing on Android. If you are one of them, you should read the post till the end. We have shared some proven ways to fix the issues.
What is The Cause of Call History Not Showing on Android
Before jumping into all the fixes, we should take a look at what is the cause of the trouble. Here are common reasons for this issue.
- Bug in the system or app.
- Low space to save call logs.
- Outdated app.
- Corrupt cache.
- Permission restricted.
Fixes for Call History Not Showing on Android
Even though the issue is not big, it could be challenging sometimes. However, we have shared some detailed guides on how to fix call history not showing on Android. So without any further delay, let’s jump into all fixes.
1. Restart Your Phone
Restarting the phone helps the phone in many areas. Firstly, it improves performance and speed as it clears out working apps and memory. Even restarting is useful for removing any conflicts between apps and OS.
The phone app may stop working because of heavy loads on the CPU and conflict between apps and OS. Therefore, you should restart the phone. Hopefully, after this, all functions of the phone will work properly, even the phone and call history app.
2. Clear Caches of Phone App
As long as the phone app has stored corrupted caches, you can’t see the call history on your Android. Here you have to clear all saved caches to fix the issue. Here’s what you need to follow.
- Open Settings on your Android smartphone.
- Then choose Apps Management, it will land you all installed and working apps.
- Here tap on the App list.
- Choose the Phone app.
- Next, tap on the Storage & cache option.
- After that, tap on the clear cache to remove all saved files and data.
Note: All navigation towards the app list and phone app may vary on different Android phones, you need to navigate the app list on your phone and select the phone for necessary fixes.
3. Allow Permission for Call Logs
If you have restricted the permission to view call logs mistakenly, then you can’t view the call logs. So make sure you have allowed all required permission to record and view all call logs.
- Open Settings app.
- Now tap on App Management > App list > Phone app.
- Next, tap on App permission.
- On the next, select Call Logs.
- Then tap on Allow of Call logs permission.
4. Force Stop Phone App
Force stop is an excellent feature to stop any working app completely on the device. So when an app can’t perform at its fullest, you can force stop the app to eliminate any glitch or internal issue.
- Open Settings app.
- Now tap on Apps Manager > App lists > Phone app.
- Then simply tap on Force Stop to stop its all-running service. And check the app again to see whether it’s working or not.
5. Have Enough Space
To store call logs, the phone required enough free space. If you have limited space, the phone can’t store any call logs to show us. However, Android phones are smart enough to alert of running out of space on the notification.
However, make sure your phone has enough free space to save all essential data to show. Now follow this to check the storage status.
- Open the Settings app, scroll down, and tap on Storage.
- It will show you the total storage size, also used and free storage. If you think you need more free space, you should clean some of your useless data.
6. Update App
Outdated apps could be another reason for the trouble. We always recommend updating the app and the system for better compatibility.
- Open Play Store, and tap on the Profile icon.
- Then, tap on Manage Apps and Devices.
- Next, tap on Update available.
- Find the Phone app from the list, and update the app.
So this is how you can fix call history not showing on Android. All these methods are proven; if these don’t work for you, you should reset the phone with a backup of all necessary data. However, if you have any doubts or questions, let us know in the comment section.