Let us know how to clear RAM on iPhone in this guide. RAM or memory of the device decides how efficiently it will perform in handling apps. Nowadays, almost every iPhone user installs dozens of apps on their device.
Although iPhones have less RAM than their Android counterparts, Apple ensures the performance is always top-notch on the iPhones.
RAM is the abbreviation of Random Access Memory. While iPhones are great workhorses, often, when you start using resource-intensive apps at once, the iPhone may struggle to perform faster.
This will result in a slow response from the active apps. Even hardware responses like touching or swiping may show the resulting action after a few seconds delay. It also affects the other scenario of your iPhone, such as slow charging, camera opening late, etc.
In worst cases, when dealing with older models of iPhones, the apps may get stuck for a while. At this point, you need to clear RAM on iPhone to help it keep running and churning the tasks efficiently.
If you don’t use too many apps or those requiring too much RAM power to run smoothly, you won’t notice the performance difference when you clear the RAM on your iPhone.
1. Clear RAM on iPhones with Power Button and Home Button
You may follow this method to clear RAM on your iPhone if you own iPhone SE, iPhone 7/7Plus, iPhone 8/8Plus, and the iPhone 6 Series. These iPhone models have a home button that you can use to clear the RAM.
- Long press the power button of the iPhone.
- After pressing the power button, you will see the shutdown screen with the option Slide to Power Off.
- Release the Power button and now long press the iPhone’s home button. Hold it for a few seconds until you see the screen flash.
- You may be prompted to enter the passcode of the iPhone. Enter it and you will be good to go.
That’s it. You have successfully cleared the RAM on older models of iPhones or those with a home button.
2. Clear RAM on iPhone Using Assistive Touch
Do you own one of those swanky new iPhone models? I mean those with Face ID such as iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11/12, and 13 series. Then you have to use the Assistive Touch feature on these iPhones to clear the RAM.
The assistive touch will provide a virtual home button on the screen of the iPhone.
- Open the Settings app.
- Navigate to Accessibility and tap on it.
- Then under the Physical and Motor tab, go to the option Touch.
- Tap on the Assistive Touch. Enable the switch to activate the feature.
- Head back to the Settings home page.
- Now, scroll to General and tap on it.
- Under the General settings, head to Shut Down and tap on it.
- You will be redirected to the shutdown screen mentioning Slide to Power Off.
- With the Assistive Touch enabled, you will see the virtual home button and a few more options appear on display.
- Touch and hold the virtual home button for a few seconds until the screen flashes and you end up on the lock screen.
- Enter the passcode when prompted and access your iPhone.
Well, that’s it. You just cleared the RAM on your iPhone without the home button smartly through the Accessibility settings.
With this, I will wrap up the guide on how to clear RAM on iPhone. Often the expensive iPhones from Apple are questioned for deploying lesser RAM. That’s not right, though. With any clutter in the RAM cleared out, the performance of the iPhone will scale up significantly.