Before Mosaic, almost every user browsed the web either with a text-based web browser such as Nexus or Lynx, which had a graphical interface and was easier to use. But, back in 2015, when the Microsoft Edge browser launched, it changed the game completely.
However, as the name suggests, Microsoft Edge is a cross-platform web browser created and developed by Microsoft itself.
Well, over the years, Microsoft has improved the performance and reliance of this Chromium-based web browser. But, now it seems like Microsoft’s Edge is facing massive criticism because of a glitch due to which the Edge browser is not working properly on Windows 11.
However, if you are also facing the same error, then my friend, you have landed on the right heaven here; we will explain the different methods to fix the issue. So, without waiting any longer, let’s get started with the guide.
How to Fix Microsoft Edge Browser Not Working On Windows 11
Windows 11 was launched recently, but users started complaining about different issues occurring due to the new update just after the release.
However, one of the issues is that the Edge browser is not working properly. So, is there any fix available? Well, of course, some fixes will surely help you out. So, let’s take a look at them.
1. Closes All Edge Processes from Task Manager
Sometimes in Windows, some processes are stuck in the middle and not working, so you can close all processes related to that service and try to open it and see if the problem is resolved or not.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key to open Task Manager.
- After that, Right-click on the Microsoft Edge process and click on End task.
- It will close all the Edge processes on your system; now, open your Edge browser to check if the problem is fixed or not.
2. Check For Update
Let me tell you quickly that there may be an update available for your Edge browser. So you can check if any update is there.
Many users previously reported that after updating the Microsoft Edge browser, it again starts working correctly. Therefore, in case you don’t know how to check for updates, then follow the steps given below.
- First of all, you can launch the Edge browser and click on the three-dot button.
- Then, select the settings option.
- After that, click on the three horizontal lines and navigate to the About Microsoft Edge.
- Now, if there is any update available on the next page, it will automatically apply them.
3. Reset Settings
If there isn’t any update available for your browser, we recommend you try resetting your settings. So, in case you don’t know how to reset the settings on your Windows 11 PC, follow the steps given below:
- Initially, launch the Edge browser and click on the three-dot button.
- After that, click on the three horizontal lines and hit the Reset Settings.
- Then, on the next page, select the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Finally, hit the Reset button to confirm your action.
4. Clear The Browser Data
Did you try clearing your browser data before? If not, you must try it once, as many users previously found this very useful. So, here are the steps that will help you to clear your Edge browser data:
- Firstly, launch the Edge browser and click on the three-dot button.
- Then, select the settings option.
- After that, click on the three horizontal lines and navigate to the Privacy, search, and Services.
- Now, on the next window, select the Choose What To Clear located under the Clear browsing data.
- Then, a window will pop up asking you to confirm your action along with several other methods. So, select and deselect as per your need and hit the Clear Now button.
5. Use Windows Troubleshooter
You can also try this option, as it can fix if your Edge browser is also not working properly. So, to use Windows Troubleshooter, you need to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you have to press the win+I key altogether to open the Windows settings.
- Then, navigate to the System and select the troubleshoot option.
- After that, select the Other troubleshooter option.
- Now, locate the Windows Store Apps and hit the Run button.
- That’s it. Now, please wait until your PC verifies the issue and fix it.
6. Reinstall The Edge Browser
We regret if none of the methods we have mentioned in this guide worked for you. But don’t worry! There is another method that will surely help you fix this issue.
Yes, you can simply reinstall your Edge browser. But don’t forget to uninstall the one that is pre-installed on your Windows 11 PC.
7. Update Edge from the Microsoft Store
There are chances that your edge not opening problem gets fixed after directly updating it from the Microsoft app store. So you can give it a try and see if this method works or not. You can directly open the below link for Edge browser on the Microsoft Store.
8. Repair Microsoft Edge
In Windows 11, it is very easy to repair apps; you can easily replace or renew any apps files from settings. check out the below steps.
- Open the Windows 11 Settings app.
- Go to Apps > Apps & features.
- After that, click on the three-dot option in front of Microsoft Edge and Select Modify.
- Next, a dialog box will open up; click on the Repair button.
So, that’s it from our side on how to fix if Edge browser not working properly. We hope this guide has helped you. But, yeah! If you have any other options that will help our user fix this issue, make sure to mention them in the comment section.