After upgrading to iOS 16, are you facing the battery drain issue on your iPhone? Then there are a few troubleshooting tips I have mentioned in this guide you can implement to fix the problem. For some users, it may be the bug in the iOS 16 beta version which can cause the battery drain issue on the iPhone.
Various other aspects frequently contribute to the loss of battery on the iPhone. When you stuff your home screen with widgets that you may not need all the time, that causes battery draining. Also, keeping a lot of apps running in the background which you do not use actively will consume the iPhone’s juice.
Even using the iPhone with Light Mode instead of dark mode will use more battery power. Having the locations services enabled round the clock for multiple apps also causes faster battery loss.
Best Tips to Fix iOS 16 Battery Drain Issue on iPhone
Let us begin resolving the issue and here are the various troubleshooting tips.
1. Update iOS 16 to a Latest Build
To fix any bugs that may be causing the battery drain issue, upgrade iOS 16 to the latest build available.
- Go to Settings > General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Follow the instructions to install the update.
2. Enable Dark Mode on iPhone
Dark mode consumes less battery than light mode. To enable it.
- Access the control center of the iPhone.
- Long press the brightness bar.
- Tap on the Dark Mode icon at the left-bottom corner.
3. Use Auto-Brightness on iPhone
When you enable auto-brightness it will adjust automatically as per the lighting condition around the iPhone. Hence, the battery will be used smartly. To enable auto-brightness,
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Tap Display & Text Size.
- Navigate to Auto-Brightness and tap the switch beside it.
4. Close the Apps You Do Not Use
Normally, people use one or two apps but have a plethora of apps open in the background. The apps that require internet will continue to sip battery even though they are not being used for days. To fix that, close those apps which you do not need at the moment from the app switcher.
- Double tap the home button on the iPhone to bring up the app switcher or swipe down from the bottom and stop in the middle of the screen. Follow either of the tricks depending upon the model of iPhone you use.
- Then navigate through the app switcher and swipe up the app cards of the apps that you are not using. That will close those apps.
5. Disable Location Services for Apps
Disabling the location access for apps that do not require your location info all the time will save the battery power of the iPhone.
- Go to Settings > Privacy & Security.
- Tap on Location Services.
- Turn off Location Services by tapping on the toggle.
6. Restart the iPhone
The simplest of all fixes is this one. Every few days, make sure to restart your iPhone. That will help get rid of random glitches that may cause battery loss.
- Press the power button of the iPhone.
- Follow the instruction when you see the Slide to Power Off option.
- After a few seconds, restart the iPhone again.
7. Keep the iPhone Face Down
Put your iPhone with its front face down. When a new notification arrives, the screen won’t light up thus saving the battery. As notification alert sound and vibration will be active, you will have no issues in knowing regarding the notification.
Also Read- Fix Live Text Not Working in iPhone
8. Disable Background App Refresh
Background Refresh helps the apps run even when you are not using them actively. This comes at the cost of battery drain. To avoid that,
- Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh.
- Tap Background App Refresh > Tap on Off.
9. Remove Widgets from the Home Screen
Only use those widgets that serve you any purpose. Just because it looks cool keeping a lot of widgets on the home screen will drain the battery of the iPhone. To remove any widget,
- Long press on any widget on your iPhone home screen.
- Tap the option Remove Widget.
10. Enable Low Power Mode on iPhone
Low power mode comes into action when your iPhone has only 20 percent of the battery left. You can enable it anytime to limit the draining of the battery.
- Go to Settings > Battery.
- Tap on the toggle beside Low Power Mode to enable it.
11. Disable Automatic Software Update
Apple offers a feature to download an iOS update when it becomes available automatically. To avoid loss of battery during the automatic iOS update installation, you can opt for a manual update.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap on Automatic Updates > tap the toggle beside Download iOS Update and disable it.
12. Enable Reduce Motion in iOS Settings
Here are the steps to enable Reduce Motion in iOS settings.
- Go to Settings > Accessibility.
- Tap on Motion > tap the toggle beside Reduce Motion.
13. Do Not Use Dynamic Wallpapers on iPhone
Instead of the live dynamic wallpapers use any still picture. To choose any regular wallpaper,
- Open Settings > Wallpaper.
- Tap Add New Wallpaper.
- Select any wallpaper of your choice
- Customize your choice of widgets and tap Add.
May it be taking calls, attending emails, or listening to podcasts, you need sufficient battery power to use your iPhone all through the day. Hence, to avoid the iOS 16 battery drain issue on your iPhone use the tips provided in this guide.