Smartphones, especially Android, have been designed to accomplish a wide variety of tasks using different apps, and thankfully, the Play Store offers more than 2.59 million apps to meet various needs.
Therefore, if you can’t make use of it due to an “unable to download apps on anroid” error, it should be a matter of concern. However, whatever the reason for this inconvenience, here are the simple ways to fix it.
Best Ways to Fix Unable to Download Apps on Your Android Phone
Below we mention the best and easy ways to fix unable to download apps on Android smartphones. you can apply them one by one.
1. Restart Your Phone
Restarting the phone can solve many issues at a time. So before moving down any type of advanced troubleshooting methods, restart your phone once. If the problem is the victim of a minor glitch or bug, it will be fixed instantly.
2. Check the Internet / Mobile Data Speed
Internet speed of mobile matters the most. If you’re experiencing low-speed internet on your WiFi or mobile data, it should be fixed in order to download apps from the Google Play Store; otherwise, the problem won’t go.
Here’s what you can do!
- Go to a better coverage area. (Mobile data user)
- Turn on airplane mode, and turn it off after a while.
- Switch connection between other SIM cards.
- If you’re experiencing low-speed internet on WiFi, restart the router; otherwise contact your ISP support team.
3. Check Storage Space
These are pretty much basic things to do. All you need to do is check your device has enough free space to download any app from the Play Store.
- Open the Settings app, and tap Storage.
- Now you can see storage size and free space. If you’re running on low space, consider deleting some files, otherwise make use of file hosting service to store your files.
4. Remove Cache Files and Data of the Google Play Store App
Caches and data play an important role in saving all previous data. When it’s a matter of being unable to download apps using the Play Store, clearing caches is a considerable approach to fix the issue. Follow this to remove caches:
- Open the Settings app on your phone, and tap on App Management.
- Then, tap on Applist.
- All apps will be visible to you, now tap Play Store.
- Next, tap on Storage usage.
- Now, simply tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache.
These steps can vary in different Android UI skin, all you have to do is remove caches and data of the Play Store app at anyhow. However, you can also clear caches and data of the Google Play Service.
5. Remove and Add Your Google Account
When it comes to resolving unable to download apps on an Android phone, removing the Google account and adding it after a while is another effective troubleshooting method to perform.
- Open the Settings app on your phone, and tap User & Accounts.
- Then tap on Google Account.
- Now select your Google account, tap on two dots you will get the remove account option – tap on it to remove.
- As usual, open Settings app > User & Accounts.
- Next, tap on Add account.
- Then, select Google.
- Submit your email and password. Once is everything done properly, check the Play Store, to see whether the problem has gone or not.
6. Uninstall Play Store Update
We always recommend using an updated device and app, but it can be a cause of problems sometimes. Therefore, we should uninstall the update to fix the particular issue of the app.
- Tap and hold the Play Store app, and select the App info.
- Next, tap on two-dots, and Uninstall updates.
Hopefully, all mentioned methods will work for you to fix unable to download apps on Android. If not, you can reset your phone with a backup; everything will be sorted. However, if you’re facing any difficulty in fixing the issues, let us know in the comments.