Are you looking to make your Gmail inbox free of clutter? All of us receive tons of emails every week on our Google email account. Not all of those emails may be important to us. So, it is necessary to know how to delete all emails on Gmail.
In this guide, I have highlighted how to delete all emails on Gmail at once for browsers, Android, and iPhone. Apart from that, you will also learn how to empty the trash on your Gmail account.
How to Delete All Emails on Gmail at Once
Below we will show you different ways to delete all emails on Gmail on different platforms such as PC, Android and iOS.
1. Delete All Mail in Gmail on the Web Browser
Those users who prefer to use Gmail on their PC browser can follow the steps below to delete all email in Gmail.
- Launch the browser on your PC and head to mail.google.com
- Login to your Gmail account.
- On the left sidebar of Gmail inbox, click on All Mail.
- Above the email list, click the checkbox icon. This will select all the emails on that page.
- Next, click on Select All x Conversations in All Mail. It will select all the emails in the inbox where ‘x’ is the total number of conversations/emails.
- Now, with all the emails selected, click the trash can icon to delete all the emails.
Note that following the above steps will only move the emails into the trash section of your Gmail account. Check out the next section to learn how to permanently delete emails from the trash.
How to Empty Trash in Gmail
When we talk of emptying the trash on Gmail, it permanently deletes all the emails in the trash section.
- On the left sidebar of Gmail, click on Trash.
- Within the trash section, simply click on Empty Trash Now.
Gmail automatically auto-deletes the content in the trash which are present in it for more than 30 days.
2. How to Delete All Gmail Emails on Phone
If you access Gmail for your phone and want to clear the clutter by deleting all the emails in the inbox, follow these steps.
- Open the Gmail app on your phone.
- Long press on an email and you will see a blue tick beside it.
- Beside each email, tap on the sender’s icon to select the emails you want to delete.
- Once the emails are selected, tap on the bin icon to delete the selected emails.
The emails will now move to the trash. To permanently delete the emails or empty the bin,
- Tap the 3-bar menu button at the top-left corner.
- From the menu, tap on Bin > Empty Bin now.
3. Delete All Emails on Gmail Using the iOS Mail App
Are you using the iOS Mail app and have synced your Gmail account to it? Here is how you should delete all emails on the iOS Mail app.
- Launch the iOS Mail app > Under Mailboxes, tap on Gmail.
- At the top-right corner of the screen tap on Edit.
- Tap on Select All in the top left corner to select all the emails in the inbox.
- Tap on the option Move > Trash to move all the emails to the bin.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. Why Should You Delete All Emails on Gmail?
Deleting all the emails that you do not require in your inbox will make it clutter-free and more organized.
2. Can I Delete All Emails on Gmail At Once?
Yes, it is possible to do so on Gmail web and iOS Mail app connected with your Gmail. However, on the Gmail iOS/Android app, you have to select emails you want to delete one by one for collective deletion.
3. Why can’t I delete all my Emails at Once?
If there is a network issue or there is a bug with the Gmail/Mail app for iOS/Gmail web, then you may not delete all emails at once.
That’s a wrap on this guide, “How to Delete All Emails on Gmail”. You can now make your Gmail inbox clean and organized by removing emails that are not important to you.