If you’re looking for a feature-packed video editor that wouldn’t cost you any money. Well, Shotcut might be the ultimate solution for you at the moment. As a Windows user, it is a perfect choice if you’re using either a 64-bit or 32-bit system.
In this article, you will get to read more on Shotcut download for Windows PC. Although Shotcut is a cross-platform editor, we’re only focused on users who want to download it on their Windows PC.
Shotcut Video Editor Overview
Shotcut is a very popular video editor on the internet, and it is a versatile and feature-rich tool. Unlike most editors, Shotcut provides the ultimate solution to video editing without spending much money.
Yes, you heard right, Shotcut is free and it is an open-source video editing tool. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced video editor, you’ll never have an issue with using Shotcut. Despite being a free tool, Shotcut offers a wide range of video editing tools, effects and a lot more.
Whether you’re into content creation for YouTube or filmmaking. With Shotcut, you’ll be able to edit videos on your computer without issues. In addition, this video editor also has features beyond video editing; it also allows the editing of audio as well.
Features of Shotcut
Every great video editor has one or two features that make them stand out. Below are some of the features of Shotcut Video Editor.
- Open-Source and Free: One of the standout features of Shotcut is that it is an open-source editor. This means users can download the software for free without any payment. Also, the open-source nature puts the software in an active development state, receiving regular updates and a lot more.
- User-Friendly Interface: Another cool feature of Shotcut is the interface which is user-friendly. This editor comes with an intuitive layout that allows users to access tools and edit hassle-free. Even if you’re new to video editing, you’ll find Shotcut quite easy to use on your PC.
- Professional Editing Features: Despite being an open-source video editor, Shotcut offers professional-grade video editing features. It comes with 4K video editing, hardware encoding & decoding, multi-format timeline, etc. Whether you want to use it for basic or advanced video editing tasks, it comes in handy.
- Flexible Editing Tools: Also, Shotcut provides a wide array of editing tools, including video and audio filters, transitions, color grading, and keyframes. If you want to enhance your videos to look professional, these tools are important.
- Extensive Format Support: When it comes to editing on Shotcut, this is another feature every editor will love. Shotcut boasts compatibility with different video and audio formats. Which makes sure you won’t need to convert your media files before editing them.
How to Download and Install Shotcut Video Editor on Windows?
If you want to know how to download and install the Shotcut video editor on Windows, follow the steps below.
- To download Shotcut, you need to get it from the official website.
- Click on the Windows installer to download the .exe file of Shotcut video editor.
- Once it has been downloaded on your PC, go to your download folder and locate the .exe file.
- Double-click the executable file; you’ll need to grant administrator permission; click on Yes / Run.
- In this step, you’ll need to agree to license, so click on I Agree.
- Now you have to decide which location you want Shotcut to be installed on your PC. Also, the video editor needs at least 410MB of storage for full installation. Click on Next to proceed to the next step.
- This step should be left by default, but if you want to have the Shotcut icon on your Windows home screen. Click on Create Desktop Shortcut (icon); after that, you can click on the Install button.
- After clicking the install button, you’ll need to wait a couple of minutes for the Shotcut Video Editor to make a full installation.
- Once installation is completed, click on the Close button to exit the .exe installer.
- Now launch the Shotcut Video Editor and start creating amazing video projects on your PC for free.
Well, that’s all on downloading and installing Shotcut Video Editor on Windows. As we have said earlier, this is an easy-to-use video editor that also comes as freeware. Whether you have video editing tasks you want to accomplish, Shotcut makes it look easy. Lastly, Shotcut is available on older OS like Windows 7 & 8 and it works with both 64-bit and 32-bit OS.