Microsoft Teams is a business standard software for collaborative workspace, web conferencing, and sharing files and documents. It is a part of Microsoft Office 365 and gained more popularity during the COVID-19 pandemic and gained 75 million daily active users.
Because it’s a product developed by Microsoft, people prefer Microsoft Teams rather than using another video conferencing software.
If you are a daily user of Microsoft Teams, then this guide is helpful for you. You can see in the daily news that Microsoft releases some kind of security patch for vulnerabilities. So it is important to update Microsoft Teams on your Windows system.
Although it automatically updates your team’s app, it sometimes does not offer you a quick update because of some kind of issues such as internet connectivity or failed updates.
This guide will help you update your Microsoft team’s app manually, step by step. You just need to follow up on these below steps. Let’s check them out.
How to Update Microsoft Teams?
We divide this into two parts. Where in this first part, we can check the current version of the Microsoft Teams app and see whether it has the latest version installed on it or not.
Then after that, in the next part, we will show you how you can manually update your Microsoft Teams app on Windows.
1. Check the Current Version of Microsoft Teams
- Open Microsoft Teams App on your computer and login in with your Office 365 Credentials.
- Click on the Profile Icon located in the top right corner.
- Now you will see a drop-down menu, Select About > Version.
- Now you can see the version of Teams app and if you have an outdated version, it prompts you to update your Teams app. You can also see the last update date on this screen.
2. Update Microsoft Teams Via Check for Updates
- Open Microsoft Teams App and login into your account.
- Locate the Profile Icon on the top right corner, and click on it.
- Now from the drop-down menu, you need to click on Check for Updates.
- On the next screen, you will see there is the option Click to refresh. Click on it.
- It will take a few seconds and the Microsoft Teams app will download and install automatically to the latest version.
At last, we can say updating Microsoft Teams to the latest version is the solution to many problems such as microphone not working and camera not working such like issues. So this is one of the standard troubleshooting to those problems. It will fix all the issues and install the latest patch files to the software.