Time was gone when we had to remember or save our passwords in our notebooks. Yes, a few years back, Google did a tremendous job by tracking and saving your username along with the passwords on your Google account. Well, this is really an amazing feature that Google offers because you won’t have to worry if you forget your passwords. You can simply view it on your Google Chrome saved passwords.
You know what? I personally like this feature very much as I’m a kind of lazy person who generally forgets passwords. Well, in case you don’t know how to view your saved passwords on your Google Chrome, then you have reached your destination. Here we have gathered all the necessary steps using which you can easily access all your credentials.
Methods To View Your Google Chrome Saved Passwords
Generally, remembering long passwords is quite a heavy task, but Google makes it easier for you. So, in case you don’t know how to do this, make sure to follow the methods we have guided below:
Method 1: View Chrome Passwords on Android & iOS
If you have an android or iOS device and want to view your passwords on your Google Chrome, then here are the guidelines that you have to follow:
- Firstly, launch Google Chrome and tap on the three vertical dot icon to open the settings.
- After that, from the context menu, hit the Settings option.
- Now, navigate to the Passwords. This will open a list of websites for which you’ve ever allowed Google to save passwords.
- Thereafter, you need to select that website for which you need to know the saved credentials. Then, simply tap on the Eye icon located in front of the Password section on the next page.
That’s it. Now, you will be able to see the password for that particular website; therefore, do the same for other websites also. But, keep in mind that if you have set a PIN or Password to access your phone, then the system may ask you for that when you click on the Eye button. Then, simply hit the Done to close that screen.
Method 2: View Chrome Passwords on Windows, Mac, Chrome OS & Linux
Suppose in case you have a Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, or Linux PC and want to know the saved password, then make sure to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, launch Google Chrome and tap on the three vertical dot icon to open the settings.
- After that, from the context menu, hit the Settings option ( you can also directly access the Settings option by searching for Chrome://settings).
- Now, navigate to the Autofill section and click on Passwords.
- Then, a list of websites for which you’ve ever allowed Google to save passwords. So, to reveal the passwords, simply hit the Eye button, as shown in the picture given below.
- Thereafter, a Security window will open asking you to enter your Windows account PIN. So, enter it, and it will show you the password for that particular website.
How To Save Passwords To Google Chrome
We have already discussed how you can view the Saved Passwords on your Google Chrome. But, if in case you don’t know how to save a password on your Chrome browser, then you can use these simple steps to do so:
- Initially, you have to launch the Chrome browser on your device. Then, click on the Profile icon.
- After that, hit the Key icon as shown in the given picture.
- Now, toggle the button located in front of the Offer To Save Passwords option. That’s it. Now, Chrome will automatically ask you to save the password every time you visit any website and log in until you save it.
So, that’s how you can view your Google Chrome saved passwords. We hope that this guide helped you and you find the methods valuable. But, in case you have any questions, comment below.