Are you coming across the YouTube Audio Renderer error while accessing YouTube from your PC? In this guide, I have shared a few troubleshooting tips to fix this issue. When you launch YouTube on your computer and stream a video, you come across the message “YouTube Audio Renderer Error. Please Restart Your Computer”.
Before implementing the troubleshooting methods, we need to understand what Audio Renderer Error is on YouTube. Also, we will take a look at the primary reason that causes YouTube to return this error message. I have explained them briefly as well. Let’s check them out.
What is YouTube Audio Renderer Error?
As the name suggests, it is an error occurring on the YouTube video-sharing platform. It is often associated with a blank screen and a message citing that it is an audio renderer error. Also, the error message mentions that the user should restart the system.
Common Reasons for the Audio Renderer Error
Some of the common reasons for the audio renderer error:
- Outdated device drivers
- Bugs on the Windows OS
- Improper connectivity of any external audio output device to the computer.
Best Way to Fix the Audio Renderer Error
Follow the instructions in these troubleshooting tips and resolve the audio rendering problem on YouTube.
1. Restart the Computer
Start the troubleshooting by restarting your computer. As the Audio Renderer Error on YouTube specifies that you must start the device again, follow the instructions.
- Press the Windows key on the PC keyboard.
- From the search console, click the power icon.
- From the menu, click on Restart.
After the PC restarts, connect to the internet, access YouTube, and play any video. Check if you are still facing the audio render error.
2. Reconnect the External Audio Device
Are you using any external speakers or headphones by connecting to your PC? Then make sure that the connection is not loose. Sometimes, an improper connection can adversely affect the sound output and lead to an audio rendering error.
Also, check that the wire of the external device is not faulty. In case, you find that the cables have some damage replace the cable.
3. Install Pending Updates for Audio Drivers
To fix any bugs in the driver of the audio device connected to your computer, manually install pending driver updates available for the driver.
- Press Windows + X to open the power user menu.
- From the menu select Device Manager.
- Within Device Manager, scroll to Audio Inputs and Outputs and click on it.
- For the respective audio output device that you wish to update, right-click on it.
- From the context menu, click on Update driver.
Follow the instructions on the screen to download/install the update for the driver.
4. Run the Audio Troubleshooter Tool for Windows
Windows OS has various in-built tools for troubleshooting technical issues. There is one exclusive tool for audio troubleshooting. You can use that.
- Press Windows + S to open the search.
- Type Troubleshoot Settings and click Open.
- Go to Other Troubleshooters and click on it.
- Scroll to Audio and click the button Run beside it.
Follow the instructions to fix the troubleshooting. The launch YouTube to play any video and check if the audio render error persists. If that’s the case then try the next troubleshooting method.
5. Rollback the System Update
It may happen that you recently installed a system update for Windows and it caused a bug. That may lead to the audio renderer error on YouTube. To resolve this, you can roll back the system update.
- Press Windows + I to go to the settings.
- Click on System and scroll to Recovery.
- Within that, go to the tab Recovery Options and click the button Go Back.
- Follow the instructions from the system to complete the rollback process.
NOTE: The system update rollback may not be available for all Windows 11 users. Follow the steps above. If the Go Back button is greyed out then you cannot rollback the current build.
These are the various fixes that you can follow and fix the YouTube audio renderer error. YouTube is a great source of entertainment. Such errors can be disappointing when you want to enjoy some videos on YouTube. I hope this guide was helpful to you in resolving the issue.