Amazon is reportedly in talks with Arm to become an anchor investor in the chip designer ahead of its IPO listing.

Arm has also been asking other tech giants to invest, although it doesn’t offer them board seats. Anyhow, this would highly benefit Softbank, which has been sinking with various bad investments through its Vision Fund.

All Preying on Arm’s Business

Arm, the British chip designer, is all set to list on Nasdaq sometime in September, making it one of the crucial tech companies listing in the US. But the IPO craze of Arm has already hit the roof, with a latest report stating that Amazon is in talks with Arm to be an anchor investor of the firm ahead of the IPO.

Though the terms of the deal aren’t known, this would give Amazon a great advantage if it proceeded. For instance, Amazon’s AWS uses Arm’s design to make its processing chip called Graviton, so leading Arm would help Amazon in the most significant way.

Well, Arm has reportedly asked ten other technology companies to join the pack, too, including Intel, Alphabet and Nvidia, to invest in the company ahead of its IPO. Although, it won’t offer them board seats or control in the deal. These talks would help Arm strengthen its ties with top customers and boost the IPO’s appeal.

Also, Arm’s IPO will help SoftBank to relieve its loss burden, which holds 75% of shares in Arm, and the rest 25% is held through its Vision Fund. And dumping its stake through Arm IPO will significantly help the company, which has been struggling with various loss bets through Vision Fund over the years.

A deal to sell Arm to Nvidia last year fell apart, too, for $40 billion, as it faces several objections from U.S. and European antitrust regulators.