Recently, many users have reported that the images are not properly loaded on Google Chrome. Chrome is one of the best browsers, but sometimes you may face issues like Broken Image icons.
Facing this issue is nothing to be worried about. This is not only common in Google Chrome, but users using Firefox as well as Microsoft Edge have also reported facing somewhat similar issues.
This article will discuss various troubleshooting steps to help fix broken image icons on Google Chrome.
Fix Broken Image Icons on Google Chrome
There are various troubleshooting steps to help fix broken image icons on Google Chrome, such as-
1. Disable Antivirus
You may often face the issue due to Antivirus on your system. The case will probably be due to the third-party antivirus you are using. You should temporarily try disabling the antivirus on your system. Try disabling it; if that works out for you, you will have to uninstall it.
However, if you do not have any third-party antivirus on your PC and rely on Windows Security, you should disable it and check if you still face the issue. If the antivirus is not the reason behind facing this issue, then you should probably move to the next troubleshooting step in this article.
2. Update Google Chrome
You may also face the issue due to outdated browsers. Update your browser to the latest version and then check if you still face the problem or not. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open Chrome’s menu, click on Help, and then on About Google Chrome.
- You will now see Chrome is checking for updates. Download and install the latest updates you find here.
- Check if you still face the issue or not.
3. Enable Show All Images Option
The issue of broken image icons can occur on Google Chrome if the show all images option is not selected. In that case, the user needs to enable that option. For that, the steps are given below-
- Click on the three dots appearing in the top right corner of the browser and then click on Settings.
- Select the Privacy and Security option.
- Here, click on Site settings and select the Images option.
- Then, select the option of Sites can show images to enable it. Once done, the issue should most probably be fixed.
- Click on the Menu icon at the top right corner, and then click on Settings.
- In the Privacy and Security section, click on Site Settings.
5. Disable Extensions
If the user faces the issue of a broken image icon in Google Chrome, It can be due to the extensions the user is using. This can be fixed by disabling the problematic extensions. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open Chrome’s menu, select the More tool option and click on the Extensions.
- Select the extensions due to which the issue is arising. Disable the toggle appearing next to it.
- Lastly, restart your browser to check if the issue is solved.
6. Clear Cache of Browser
The browser’s cached data can also be the reason behind the issue of broken image icons. The user needs to clear all the cache to fix the issue. For that, the steps are given below-
- In Chrome, press the Ctrl + Shift + Delete combo to open the Clear browsing data window.
- In the Basic tab, select all the checkboxes, including Browsing History, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files.
- Select Time Range as All Time.
- Click on the Clear data button.
- Lastly, restart the Chrome browser and see if you still face the issue or not.
7. Use DNS of Google
The issue can also arise due to the ISP or the system’s network connection. However, to fix the issue, users can use the Google DNS, which is easy to use. The steps for the same are given below –
- Press the Windows key, search for Network and sharing center, and open it.
- From the list of the networks, right-click on the network you are connected to and choose the Properties option there.
- Select the Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4), and then click on the Properties button.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses here. Enter 126.96.36.199 in the Preferred DNS server and 188.8.131.52 in the Alternate DNS server.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
8. Reset Browser
If nothing works to fix the broken image icon issue, then the user can reset Google Chrome. This will surely fix the problem. For resetting Google Chrome, the steps are as follows –
- Click on the Menu icon at the top right corner of Chrome, and then click on Settings.
- Here, scroll down and select the Reset and cleanup option.
- Click on the Restore settings to their original defaults option, then click on the Reset option to reset the Browser.
This should most probably fix the issue for you. However, suppose you still find broken image icons on Google Chrome after trying all the above troubleshooting methods. In that case, you should try using Google Chrome Beta or the Canary version.
Installing the Beta or Canary version of Google Chrome will fix the issue if none of the above steps helps.