Amazon is one of the most popular e-commerce sites. What makes Amazon popular is the good user experience. customer service reliability, availability of the products, good discounts, and faster delivery. Amazon is accessible in various countries including US, UK, India, France, Italy, Brazil, Mexico, etc.
To buy products on Amazon you need to save your billing address. If you have recently relocated or have set the wrong address at the time of account creation then you will have to change your current billing address so that Amazon bills and ship the product you ordered to your correct address.
You can easily change the billing address on Amazon from the Amazon App as well as from the Amazon website, whichever you find the most convenient. Given below are the steps to change the Amazon billing address.
1. Change Billing Address of Amazon from the App
If you are using the Amazon app then you can follow the steps given below to change the billing address on it-
- Open the Amazon app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap on the hamburger icon at the lower right corner, and then tap on Account at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Amazon Pay section and tap on Manage Payment Options.
- You will see your saved cards under the Wallet section. Tap on the Edit button under the card for which you to change the address.
- Next, tap on the Billing Address option.
- From the list of addresses, select an address.
- Once done, tap on Use this Address, and that address will be saved as the billing address for the card you selected.
2. Change Billing Address on Amazon from the Website
If you don’t have access to the Amazon app then you can change your billing address on Amazon from the website by following the steps given below-
- Open the Amazon website on your browser by clicking on this link.
- Enter your account credentials and then click on Sign In to log in to your account.
- Now, click on the Account & Lists option at the top right corner, and then click on Your Account.
- Now, click on Payment Options.
- Under Your Saved Credit and Debit Cards section, click on the card for which you want to change the billing address.
- Now, click on the Edit button under the billing address.
- Click on the Change option.
- On the pop-up window, select the address you want to use and select Use this address.
- Now, click on Save to save the changes you have made.
3. How to Add a New Billing Address on Amazon?
The above methods only help you change the billing address if you have more than one address saved on the platform.
You will be able to switch between the address you have saved on Amazon. However, if you want to add a new address on Amazon, then follow the steps given below-
- Open the Amazon app and then tap on the Menu icon at the bottom right corner.
- Here, tap on the Account option at the bottom.
- Under the Account Settings section, tap on the Your Addresses option.
- Now, tap on Add a new address option.
- You can enter the address manually. If you want Amazon to detect your location to add a new address then tap on the Use current location option.
- Once done, tap on Add Address button to save the changes.
Above were the steps to change the billing address on Amazon. You must note that the billing address will be changed for the new orders you place. If you have already placed an order then the address will not be changed for it; you will have to cancel the order and then place it again to apply the new billing address.