If you’re one of those who discover Threads is not meaningful as it seems and wants to get rid of it permanently, then this is the post you need to read. Here we’ve shared how to delete Threads account permanently with step by step guide to say goodbye to the app forever.
Meta-owned Threads has been going through a roller coaster ride after being publicly released as the Twitter alternative. So far the social media app has gained millions of users and surpasses all previous records to achieve 100 million users in a short period of time.
How to Delete Threads Account Permanently
Even though Threads is a nicely organized social media app, doesn’t offer any unique features to beat Twitter. According to some reports, people are losing interest in using Threads for less engagement and interaction.
Will Threads beat Twitter is a long debate. But right now, Threads nowhere near Twitter except for record-breaking users obtain.
However, let’s find out how you can deactivate your Threads account, and before this take a look at this important note.
If you want to delete your Threads account permanently, then you have to delete your Instagram account too. Otherwise, you can’t delete your Threads account as of now.
Thus, deactivating the Threads account remains the only way to get rid of it. However, we’ve shared both ways; you can select one accordingly.
Steps to Deactivate Threads Account
Since Instagram and Threads are linked up to each other with the same account details, you can’t delete Threads account only.
Thus, deactivating the Threads account is the only solution available to free from Threads. This is what you need to follow to deactivate your Threads account.
- Open the Threads app on your phone, and tap on the Profile icon.
- From the Profile page tap on the two lines or hamburger icon.
- You will land on Settings, here you have to tap on Account.
- Next, simply tap on Deactivate profile.
- Now again tap on Deactivate Threads profile.
That’s it – your Threads account has been deactivated. From now, you can’t enjoy the Threads account. However, there is an opportunity to get back the account. All you need to do is reactivate the account with the same details.
Steps to Delete Threads Account Permanently using Instagram App
If you are truly committed to deleting your Threads account permanently, then you have to lose your Instagram account too.
Our recommendation is to deactivate the account, but if you don’t mind letting go of the Instagram account with Threads, then here’s the process to follow.
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile, and tap on the Profile icon.
- The profile page will open up, now tap on the two lines or hamburger icon. and then select Settings and Privacy.
- On the next step, tap on Account centre.
- Here you have to tap on Personal details.
- After that, tap on Account Ownership and Control.
- Now choose Deactivation or deletion.
- Now you have to select the account which is linked up with Threads if you have logged in to multiple accounts.
- And simply tap on Delete account and hit the continue button.
- Now choose a reason why you want to delete your account and submit your profile password.
- After this, tap on continue.
Although it takes 30 days time to delete your Threads and Instagram account. During this 30 days period, if you wish to get back your account, you can log in to your Instagram and Threads with the same account details.
Threads launched recently, so it may take some time to improve its service like account control, poor content recommendation, and many more. Apart from all these issues, fortunately, Threads has provided the option to deactivate the account.
In the future, we can delete the Threads account independently. However, as of now, this is the only way to delete the Threads account permanently. I hope you have got enough information; if you have any questions, let us know in the comment section.