You may have come up with several issues as you boot your Windows machine. That’s not actually surprising, in fact, very common for the regular Windows users. Now out of so many defects, today, we will be looking a bit deeper into the Black Desktop Screen issue. We will see the causes and the solutions to this annoying Windows problem.
So, by now, you may have a precise view on this issue s the name itself is quite revealing. Black Desktop Screen or Black Screen Of Death indicates a completely blank and a black colored screen that shows up during the booting process.
What Causes Black Desktop Screen On Windows 10?
Well, this happens mostly due to critical video cards or maybe because of a bad connection. Plus, it might also be the result of your motherboard failure, a loose connection, or a corrupted file system. So, let’s check out the most efficient ways to fix such an issue:
Steps To Fix a Black Desktop Screen On Windows 10:-
So, let us have a look at some of the basic ways to get rid of this Black Desktop Screen problem:
1. Check Out For Loose Connections
Before moving to any complex options first, check if there is no loose connection. Most of the time, people face the black screen issue due to a loose connection. Therefore, check properly that the adapter is connected firmly. And also, have a look at the cable if it is connected to the power supply or not. If everything with your connection is fine, then you must move to the next option.
2. Forcing Display To Be Responsive
It has been observed several times that a Black Desktop Screen isn’t always about some severe hardware damage. In fact, sometimes, the cause can be as simple as Widows 10 not being able to detect your display. In such cases, the solution is quite simple, and anyone can do it with just a few key combinations. So, let’s give a try to some of these combinations:
- For the first attempt, try pressing the Win key + CTRL + Shift + B, all at once. This combination basically helps in restarting the Graphics Drivers of your PC. Additionally, it also helps to resolve some of the critical issues.
- Another way is to hit the CTRL + ALT + DEL key together, then click on the power button and reboot your System. When your PC restarts, the Black Screen will not appear.
3. Booting To Safe Mode
By booting Windows 10 into safe mode, you are allowing only the basic applications into work. Thus, if anything else is causing the issue of a black screen, you will get to know it the very moment.
Now let us look at how to enter into the safe mode while you are facing the issue. Well, to do that, just press the Power button to reboot your System. On repeating the reboot process for three times, it will open the Diagnostic Mode for you. After that just follow the steps below to boot your System in safe mode:
- Click on the Advanced startup menu and go to the Troubleshoot option.
- In the Advanced Startup Menu, click on Startup Settings. This will show a list of options.
- From the list, press 4 to enable the Safe Mode.
- At the next step, just sign in and hit the Win + X key and click Device Manager. Now from the list, click on the arrow beside Display Adapters section to expand it.
- From the drop-down list, select your Display Driver, right-click on it and click on Disable device.
- Lastly, reboot your System in order to complete the process.
If this process works in your case, check out for the latest display drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
4. Re-installing Display Driver
To re-install Display Driver, firstly, enable the Safe Mode and go to Device Manager. Now simply right-click on your Display driver and Uninstall it. This will automatically reboot your system, and once it restarts, the driver is auto re-installed by Windows. Hence, this might help you fic Black Desktop Screen on Windows 10.
From Editor’s Desk
The Black Desktop Screen is a very common problem which many of you may have encountered previously. Sometimes it might take hours for Windows to recognize it on its own. Therefore, you can surely try the above solution to fix this issue. Also, let us know which method really worked out for you.