You can easily create and share hyperlinks to files, meetings, and messages on Microsoft Teams. Sometimes you may face issues with the hyperlink and you may not be able to open them.
This is not a major issue you can face, and it is quite easy to fix. The issue is caused due to random bugs, internet connectivity, outdated Teams app, and various other reasons. Here are various troubleshooting methods to fix hyperlinks not working in Microsoft Teams.
Also Read- Fix Sleep Mode Not Working on Windows 11
Follow the troubleshooting methods given below to fix the issue you have been facing-
1. Update Teams Apps
The issue of hyperlinks not working in Microsoft Teams can arise due to the outdated Microsoft Teams app on Windows. You need to update the Teams app to fix the issue. For that, the steps are given below-
- Go to the Start menu, search for Microsoft Teams and open it.
- Now, click on the profile icon at the top right corner and click on Check for updates.
- Download and install the latest Microsoft Teams update and restart the Teams app.
2. Force Restart Teams
Try force restarting the Microsoft Teams app and then check if you face this issue or not.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combo to open the Task Manager.
- Under the Processes tab, select the Microsoft Teams app. Click on End Task to force close the app.
- Now restart the Microsoft Teams app and check if that fixes the issue or not.
3. Open Teams on Browser
If you are facing a problem opening hyperlinks on the Microsoft Teams app, you can use the web version of Microsoft Teams. You may often face issues with opening the link on the app, but the web version may help you with that.
Note- If the user is using Microsoft Teams on the browser for the first time, then they will first have to sign in to their account.
4. Clear Cache of Microsoft Teams App
Like the other app present in Windows, the Microsoft teams app also collects the data in the background in the form of cache to improve the working and perform its task properly. This collected cache can also affect the hyperlink not working. You need to clear all the collected cache to fix the issue. For that, the steps are given below-
- Firstly, close the Microsoft Teams app on your PC.
- Press Ctrl+R keys on your keyboard, type the below command and hit enter.
- Now in the window that opens up, select all the files and folders and delete them.
- Run the Microsoft Teams app, which should open the hyperlink without any issue.
5. Ask the Sender for Link Again
When the sender sends the link to the receiver, it can happen that the link does not open in the receiver’s system. This can happen if there is any missing character in the link or the given link is not correct. If the problem arises due to this reason, you will have to ask the sender to share the link again.
6. Open Teams Link in New Tab
In some cases, if the hyperlink does not work in the browser, the user needs to open the link manually. Users can copy the link that is not opening and paste it into the preferred web browser in the new tab address bar on the desktop. This will help to open the link easily.
7. Re-Login to Account
Many times logging out and logging in again to your account may help troubleshoot the issue. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- Open Microsoft Teams app on your PC.
- On the top right corner, click on your profile icon.
- Then, click on the Sign out option and confirm signing out.
- Now restart the app and Sign in again with the same account.
- It will help you to use hyperlinks smoothly.
Above in this article, we have discussed various methods to help fix hyperlinks not working in Microsoft Teams. Once you go through with this, you will surely be able to solve the problem you have been facing with the hyperlink on Microsoft Teams.