I am a windows user just like most of the users out there. After Windows 1903 KB4517211 Update, I faced an Error named Ss3svc32.exe. Well, we cannot call it an error, but it is more like an annoying permission popup that appears everything when you try to log in.
This permission pop up says Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to change your device? It would help if you closed it whenever you log in.
Some users are annoyed by it, and there is also a rumor that it is a virus. When I faced this issue, I checked Microsoft forum and did some research on my own. As a result, I came to know that it is not a virus but just a bug that started appearing after the windows update.
How to Fix Ss3svc32.exe on Startup Issue
This problem is associated with Sonic studio 3. Asus ROG develops sonic Studio 3, and it is usually built-in with Asus motherboards.
If you are not an Asus user or do not have Sonic Studio 3 in your PC, scan your pc for malware as some malware has a similar name, and you can detect them with a simple scan. If you have Sonic Studio installed in your PC, follow the steps mentioned below to eliminate the issue.
Method 1: Uninstall Sonic Studio
This is the most basic way to get rid of this problem. If you don’t need Sonic Studio 3, then uninstall it. Doing this will remove all the files related to Sonic Studio, and this way, you can get rid of this error.
1) – First of all, go to your search box and search for Uninstall or remove programs.
2) – Click on the first option from the search result.
3) – It will open a new window. Here all the installed apps and features will be available. Simply search for Sonic studio 3, and after that, click on the uninstall button to remove the Sonic Studio completely from your PC.
Method 2: Change the Filename
If you want to keep the Sonic Studio on your pc, then you can change the file name and get rid of this popup.
1) – Press Windows key + R and type following,
C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\Sonic Suite 3\Foundation\
2) – On the next window, Find the Ss3svc32.exe file in the folder and right-click on it.
3) – Choose the Rename option and add any characters or symbols in the name and save it.
From Editor’s Desk
In the end, If you choose the second method, just wait for the next update. The next update will fix this issue. After the next update, repeat the same process as the second method.
Rename the file as before by removing special characters or symbols that you added. That’s all for this article. I hope this solved your Ss3svc32.exe on Startup Issue.