This article lets us know how to show the battery percentage on your iPhone. Knowing the battery percentage will give you an idea of how much juice is left before the device enters a low-power mode. It is before that you must set it on charging.
Letting the iPhone get drained entirely of battery power is not wise. In the long run, it will decrease the device’s battery life. Starting from the iOS 16 stable release, on iPhones with Face ID, the current battery status will be visible in percentage.
You must manually turn on this feature if you are still running your iPhone on iOS 15. Then you can see the battery percentage on iPhone.
iPhones That Do Not Support Battery Status Display in Percent
In a strange decision, Apple has cleared out that iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, and iPhone 13 Mini won’t display battery percent in the status bar. On other models of iPhones, the remaining battery level can be set on the status bar.
I have listed a few ways by which you can manually check the available battery on the status bar of your iPhone. Let us check them out.
1. Enable and Show Battery Percentage on iPhone
Here are the steps.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Then navigate to Battery and tap on it.
- Tap on the toggle beside the option Battery Percentage to enable the feature.
Here is an interesting thing to notice. If you have an iPhone with a home button, then the battery percentage will appear on the immediate left of the battery icon in the status bar. On the other hand, with an iPhone with Face ID support, the battery percentage will appear inside the battery icon.
2. Show Battery Percentage on iPhone from Control Center
A simple way to know the battery percentage is to access the control center of iOS. You need to run the iOS 15 or above to see the battery percentage.
- If you have an iPhone with the home button, just swipe down to up and it will bring up the control center.
- For iPhone models without a touch ID, swipe down from the top-right corner and the control center will show up.
3. Get the Battery Status Information from Siri
It is time to put the virtual assistant on the iPhone to use. You can summon Siri and ask it for the current status of the iPhone battery. Just hands-free and effortless.
- Have the iPhone near you.
- Give the Hey Siri voice command.
- When Siri appears, ask What is the Battery Status?
- Siri will reply and also show the current battery percentage of the iPhone.
Also Read- How to Turn Off iPhone Screen Rotation
4. Enable the Battery Status Widget on Home Screen
To make things creative, you can set up a widget on the iPhone home screen. This widget will dedicatedly display the iPhone battery status in percentage. Here is how you can enable it.
- Enter the jiggle mode by long pressing anywhere in the empty area of the iPhone home screen.
- You will see a + icon on the screen’s upper side. Tap on it to take you to the widget section.
- In the search widgets bar, type batteries.
- Right as you type, the Batteries widget will show up. Tap on it.
- You will see the battery widget in three formats from which you can select any one.
- Tap Add Widget to place the widget of your choice on the home screen.
The good thing about this workaround is you do not have to upgrade your iPhone to iOS 16 to use this feature. On older versions of iOS, you can check the battery in percentage format by setting up this widget.
That’s it. Missing out on the battery status and having the iPhone lose all its juice will affect your work. You don’t want to miss out on calls and emails. Hence, you need to know how to show the battery percentage on iPhone. I hope all these tricks will help charge your iPhone in time.