Like all other OTT apps, Hulu saves the watch history of the shows you have watched. This watch history is handy when you are mid-way through some show or movie and have to leave it.
With watch history, you can continue streaming the content from where you left it. Not only this, but you can also know what shows you have watched earlier through Hulu watch history. But what happens when you are unable to view Hulu watch history?
This issue has been faced by many people recently. Bad internet to bugs in the Hulu app can be the reason behind facing this issue. If you cannot view Hulu watch history and are looking for fixes, this article will help you.
How to View Hulu Watch History?
Before continuing the troubleshooting steps, let’s learn how to view Hulu watch history. You can view Hulu watch history by following the steps given below-
- Head to the Hulu website or open the Hulu app. Sign into your account if you are not signed into it already.
- Now scroll down to the Keep Watching section and tap on View All option.
- You will be able to see all the content you have watched here.
Troubleshoot Unable To View Hulu Watch History
You can view Hulu watch history by following the above method. However, if you cannot view Hulu watch history, it can be due to various reasons like bugs in the app, network issues, outdated apps, corrupted cache, etc. Nothing to worry about. You can follow the steps given below to fix this issue-
1. Restart App and Device
The first thing that you should do is restart the Hulu app. The issue is generally encountered when there is some bug in the Hulu app. Simply restart the Hulu app and that should fix the issue. Using the Hulu website, you can reload the page, close the tab, and then open Hulu on a new tab.
Once you restart the Hulu app or refresh the Hulu website, the issue should be long gone and you should be able to view the watch history on Hulu. If that didn’t help, restart the device you are using Hulu on, which should help fix the issue.
2. Stabilize your Internet Connection
This issue can occur when your internet connection is unstable and you get slower than usual. You will have to check your internet connection before getting into troubleshooting steps to fix it. You can check internet speed through the steps given below-
- Open the browser on your device, and type Internet Speed Test on the browser’s address bar.
- On the Google page that appears, tap/click on Run Speed Test to run the internet speed test.
- This will tell you the download and upload speed of your internet connection.
If your internet connection is stable, then probably something else is causing the issue and you can move to the next troubleshooting step in this article to fix it. However, if the internet is unstable, then here’s what you can do-
- Disconnect any other devices connected to your Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot.
- Close all the apps running in the background, as they may consume the data in the background.
- If you are using mobile data, then turn on airplane mode and turn it off again.
- If enabling and disabling airplane mode doesn’t help, you can switch to the Wi-Fi network.
- If you were already on a Wi-Fi network, you can switch back to mobile data or try another network if possible.
- If you were connected to a router, switch to 5Ghz if both the router and the device support it.
- Contact your ISP if nothing works in fixing the internet connection.
3. Clear Cache
Cache files enhance your experience of the app, but if collected for too long, they can get corrupted and cause issues. If you cannot view the watch history on Hulu, you can clear the Hulu app’s cache, which should fix the issue.
If you are using an Android phone, then you can follow the steps given below to clear the cache of the Hulu app on it-
- Tap and hold the Hulu app icon, and then tap on App Info.
- After this, tap the Storage option.
- Tap Clear Cache to clear the cache of the app.
Unfortunately, iOS does not allow clearing the caches and cookies of the app. If you have an iPhone or iPad on which you use the Hulu app, you will have to reinstall the app to clear the cache and data.
Note- If you stream Hulu on the website and not on the app, you can clear your browser’s cache or switch to a different browser.
4. Reinstall Hulu App
If there’s something wrong with the Hulu app, such as bugs on the app, corrupted app files, etc., then that can also cause a similar issue. Reinstalling the Hulu app will help you fix the issue. This can be done by following the steps given below-
- Tap and hold the Hulu app and then tap on Uninstall/Delete.
- You will be asked to confirm uninstalling the app; confirm to continue ahead.
- Head to the Play Store on an Android device, and if you use an iOS device, you can head to App Store.
- Search for Hulu and tap on the first option that appears.
- Tap on Install/Get to install the app.
- Once installed, open Hulu and login into your account.
If you use a browser to use Hulu, then reinstall the browser or switch to some other browser to use Hulu.
5. Request Report
If nothing works, then you can ask Hulu to send you the report of your account, including the watch history. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- On the Hulu app/website, click on your profile icon at the top right corner and tap the Account option.
- Now, tap on California Privacy Rights and then on Request Report.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to get the report from Hulu.
If you had to leave the web show or movie you were streaming, then Watch history can save you from missing out on what you were watching. However, there might be instances when you cannot view the Hulu watch history. If you get this issue, this article’s troubleshooting steps should help you fix it.