As per the current reports, Microsoft is going to release the final version of Windows 11 on the 5th of October. However, the final build is going to be the most stable and best for all PC without any bugs and issues. This means now you can manage your works quicker. But slow internet can put a hindrance in the middle of your work. Therefore, you fix this to increase your internet performance.
So, we are here with our brand new article to help you. In this article, we have compiled the top best ways to increase your internet speed. So, without wasting our time in talking, let’s directly jump into it.
Also Read: How to Disable Cortana in Windows 11
- What Are The Causes Of Slow Internet Issues?
- List of Best Ways To Increase Your Internet Speed on Windows 11
What Are The Causes Of Slow Internet Issues?
There might be various reasons behind the slow internet issue, but the issue that I found most genuine are mentioned below:
- A lot of devices are connected to the same network.
- You may not configure the Bandwidth properly.
- There is some obstacle between the Router and your PC.
- Very poor WiFi signals
- Damaged or faulty WiFi device.
- You may have set your connectivity to a metered connection.
- Many applications run in the background that consumes your data.
List of Best Ways To Increase Your Internet Speed on Windows 11
Here in this guide, we mentioned the top 5 best methods to increase your WiFi speed on Windows 11 PC. So, make sure to follow them and apply them on your PC:
1.) Method: Change the DNS Server
The first thing that you need to try, tweak some changes to your name server, also known as a DNS server. Many users have already mentioned that this helps them to increase their internet speed by 10%. So, you can also give it a try; therefore, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, you can press Win+R and type ncpa.cpl, then hit the enter key.
- Now, the Network Connections window will open. You’ll have to select either Ethernet or WiFi, depending upon which you are using.
- In our case, we are using a WiFi network, therefore right-click on it and select the properties options.
- After that, locate and checkmark the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Then, hit the Properties option. Now, use any of the following DNS under the Use the following DNS server address option and hit the Ok button.
- Preferred DNS server: 8 . 8 . 8 . 8
- Alternative DNS server: 8 . 8 . 4 . 4
That’s it. Now, as soon as you reboot your PC, your internet speed will automatically get enhanced.
2.) Method: Limit Bandwidth For Updates
There is an in-built feature in which Windows automatically monitors and tweaks some changes on your Bandwidth depending upon your uses. So, this may be the main culprit for the slow internet issue, and you have to remove the limit. Therefore, to do this, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Firstly, right-click on the Start menu and select the Settings option.
- Then, switch to the Windows Update tab and go to the Advanced options.
- After that, click on the Delivery Optimization located under the Additional options.
- Next, if you don’t want to share your Windows updates with other PCs, simply toggle the button to the Off position.
- Now, to limit the Bandwidth of your upload and download speed, select the Advanced options.
- After that, two options will appear: The first one is to set the Absolute Bandwidth, in which you need to checkmark both the boxes and enter the relevant limit for Bandwidth in both the text fields.
- While the other one is, Percentage of measured Bandwidth, so as shown in the given image, checkmark both the boxes. Also, drag the slider to set the value for both as per your need.
- Then, under the upload setting section, checkmark the two boxes present there and drag the slider to the value as per your need.
That’s it. Now, close that window and reboot your Windows 11 PC, and then you will notice that your internet speed will increase.
3.) Method: Close Background Programs Consuming Your Data
If there are many applications running on background consuming your data, then you need to close them as it slows down your internet performance. So, to do this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Initially, right-click on the Start menu and choose the Task Manager.
- Now, switch to the Performance tab and hit the Open Resource Monitor option.
- After that, shift to the Network tab. Then, locate the program that has a higher value of Send and Recieve columns.
- Now, once selected, right-click on it and hit the End Process button.
Note: Keep in mind that you do not need to end every task present in that list as some might be your system file that is running, and forcing them to stop will cause severe damage to your data.
4.) Method: Scan Your PC For Malware or Viruses
If any kind of malware or viruses are present on your PC, you may have to encounter various issues like slow connectivity problems. So, to fix this, you have to scan and remove all the malware or viruses present on your Windows PC.
- Search for Windows Security and open it. Then, navigate to the Virus & threat protection section.
- Now, instead of clicking the Quick Scan button. You can hit the Scan Options button.
- Then, select the Full Scan option and hit the Scan Now button. Now, wait until it gets finished.
5.) Method: Turn Off Metered Connections
If you have enabled this option on your PC, then you have to disable it, and to do so, follow the steps:
- Firstly, press Win+I to open the Windows 11 settings app.
- Then, navigate to the Network & Internet tab and click on the Ethernet or WiFi, whichever you are using.
- Then, click on the network that you are connected to.
- Finally, toggle the button located in front of Metered connection to Off position.
So, these are some tricks that you need to try if you also want to increase your Internet speed on Windows 11. We hope the method mentioned in this guide helped you. Also, we regret if any of the methods did not work in your case as these were just tricks. But, if you know any method that will surely do the same, then mention that in our comment box down below.