We all know Tiktok and how this platform has achieved a lot of success in just a few years. But in 2020, as we all know that it gets banned in many parts of the world. However, at that time, Facebook-owned Instagram, seeing this as an opportunity, launched a new short video segment in their Instagram app known as Instagram reels.
But, unfortunately, many users from all around the world started noticing that the reels section was not appearing on their Instagram. Well, the reason behind this why Instagram Reels is not showing is still unclear. But, now you need not worry because we have some tricks using which you can easily fix this issue. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide until you find the Reels on your Instagram application. So, let’s get started with it.
- What Are The Reasons Behind This Error?
- Methods to Fix If Instagram Reels Not Showing Issue
What Are The Reasons Behind This Error?
Here are some possible reasons that we think might be the main culprit behind this issue:
- An outdated Application.
- The Reels option may not be available in your country.
- Cache file prevents the app from working correctly.
- Try to access prohibited content, due to which officials remove that option from your account.
Also Read- Best Instagram Reels Video Editors
Methods to Fix If Instagram Reels Not Showing Issue
You can use various methods to fix Instagram reels are not showing. Also, you now know the reason behind this error. So, it would be easier for us to fix it. Therefore, let’s take a look at methods to fix this out:
Method 1: Update Your Instagram App
First thing comes first! We know that keeping our OS and software up-to-date is very important because developers regularly bring some patch updates for their applications. This means they have something in the update to improve the performance and fix bugs.
Nevertheless, we ignore these updates most of the time as we think that these updates have no real value. But that’s not true; every update has its own value unless developers spent their time bringing that for you. So, to check for updates, you can simply open the PlayStore or App Store on your Android or iOS device, respectively. Then, search for Instagram and update it if available.
Method 2: Re-Login To Instagram App
Most of the time, users reported that this helped them fix the reels not showing issues on their Instagram app. So, you can also try this out and check if it helps. To do so, you can follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, launch your Instagram application and tap on your profile icon.
- After that, click on the three-vertical line and select the Settings option.
- Then, scroll down and hit the Log Out button.
- After that, you can log in using your credentials as you usually do and check if the reels are showing now or not.
Method 3: Join Instagram Beta Program
If in your region the Instagram Reels is not available in the official version of Instagram, then we recommend you to join their beta program team. We recommend this to you just because it may be possible that Instagram is testing the reels before rolling out the update on your region.
- Firstly, open the PlayStore or App Store and search for Instagram.
- Then, scroll down and locate the message to join the beta program.
- After that, click on that message and hit the Join button to complete your registration as a beta tester.
That’s it. Now, close the window and again open it. Then, search for Instagram, and now you’ll notice that in the message section, it is mentioned that you are a part of the beta program.
Method 4: Clear Cache Data
If none of those mentioned above methods worked for you, you could try clearing your cache data. Many users on the Reddit forum claim that this action helped them fix the issue. Therefore, let’s take a look at the steps that you need to follow:
- Firstly, access your smartphone’s Settings app. Then, locate and tap on the Manage Apps and notifications.
- After that, search for the Instagram app and click on it.
- Now, simply hit the Clear cache and Data button. Then, on the next page, select the Clear Cache option. That’s it. Now, wait until this process gets completed. Then, simply reboot your smartphone and check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Method 5: Reinstall The Application
In a very unfortunate situation, if the issue is still there, then there is a possibility that the data of your Instagram application may get corrupted. Therefore, you can simply reinstall it on your device.
This will surely help you fix the issue. Meanwhile, I don’t think I need t to explain how to uninstall and reinstall the Instagram application app on your device. So, do it and let us know if it helps.
Method 6: Contact To Support Team
If the issue doesn’t get fixed even after reinstalling the Instagram application, you can simply try to contact the official support team and explain this issue. They will surely help you fix the issue.
From Author’s Desk
So, that’s it from our side on how to fix if the Instagram app is not showing reels. We hope the methods we have mentioned here have helped you. But, in case you have any doubts regarding the methods we have discussed here, please let us know in the comment section.