VLC is one of the most popular and in-demand media players worldwide. It is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android platforms. However, when it comes to Chromebooks, the situation can be a bit challenging. A Chromebook is a web-based laptop mainly designed for using the Chrome browser.
However, Chromebooks have been upgraded to support Android apps, which allow users to install apps like VLC. So if you are looking for a solution to install VLC on Chromebook, read this guide carefully. By the end of this article, you will have successfully learned how to install VLC on your Chromebook.
There are a few steps you need to follow to install VLC media player on your Chromebook, so let’s jump directly to the main point.
How to Install VLC Media Player on Chromebook
Here, we have mentioned some of the most effective ways to install VLC media player on a Chromebook. Make sure to follow each step properly to use VLC on your Chromebook.
1. Using Google Play Store
Most of the latest Chrome OS devices are coming with Google Play Store. However, if it is not available on your Chromebook, follow the steps below.
- Click on the Quick Settings Panel in the bottom-right corner and then tap on the Settings option.
- Tap on the Apps option, and then click on the Turn on button just beside the Google Play Store option.
- After that, you will get the Google Play Store installation window. Select the Google Play Apps and Services settings, then click on the Accept button.
- Once you have successfully installed the Google Play Store, open it on your Chromebook.
- Search for VLC in the Google Play Store’s search bar.
- Click on the Install button and wait for the process to complete.
- Once it’s successfully installed, you can open it from the app launcher at the bottom-left corner of your Chromebook.
2. Use Linux Terminal
Those who want the full VLC desktop version on their Chromebook can use a Linux terminal to install the Linux Version of VLC. To do this follow the steps given below.
- Go to the App launcher > Linux apps > Terminal.
- Enter the below commands one by one in the terminal window.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install vlc
- If you get Do you want to continue? message, press Y to proceed.
- Once it has installed successfully, Go to the App launcher > Linux apps > VLC media player.
That’s all for this article; these are some of the best ways to install VLC media player on Chromebook. I hope you found this article informative and useful. If you did, please do share it with your friends and others who want to install VLC on their Chromebooks.
If you have any queries related to this article, you can comment below, explaining your problem, and we will definitely come up with a solution as soon as possible.