Errors in Windows are pretty common; sometimes, they may be critical and damage your PC permanently. qt5widgets.dll not found is a common error that users have reported facing. If you don’t know what DLL files are, then let me tell you DLL (Dynamic Link Libraries) files are instructions that other programs can use. Apps use shared DLL and do not keep data in files, which increases the performance of your PC.
Issues with the qt5.widgets.dll can cause gt5widgets.dll not found error on your PC. When qt5widgets.dll files get corrupted, have been deleted, or are not correctly installed, you may get this error message. So what can be done to fix it? Well, if you have been looking for fixes to troubleshoot this issue, this article will help you.
Also Read- Best Portable Antivirus Software For Windows
Fix qt5widgets.dll Not Found Error
Various troubleshooting steps will help you fix the qt5widgets.dll not found error. Below are all the fixes you can follow if you face a qt5widgets.dll not found error message on your Windows PC.
1. Scan your PC for Virus
If you have been facing this issue, you should try scanning your PC for the virus. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open Start Menu, search for Windows Security and open it.
- Here, click on the Virus and threat protection option.
- Now, under the Current threats section, click on Scan options. Here, select Full Scan and click on Scan now.
- Wait for the scan to complete and the issue will be fixed.
2. Run SFC Scan
You should try running the SFC Scan if you still face the qt5qwidgets.dll not found error. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, search for CMD and run it as administrator.
- Here, type and execute the command sfc /scannow
- Once the process completes, close Command Prompt and restart your PC.
- After your PC restarts, the issue you are facing will be fixed.
3. Install DLL File Manually
You can also try installing the DLL file manually. You can install qt5widgets.dll manually on your PC to fix the issue. Given below are the steps to install DLL File manually on your PC-
- Click on this link, and from here, download the qt5widgets.dll file.
- Now, open File Explorer by pressing the Windows + E key combo.
- Head to the location where you downloaded the file and copy it.
- Now, head to the following address and paste the file there-
- Open Start Menu, search for Command Prompt and run it with administrative privileges.
- Type the following command and execute it-
- Once done, restart your PC and you will no longer face the issue.
4. Perform System Restore
If your PC was working fine before then, you can try performing a system restore. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open Start Menu, search for rstrui and hit Enter to open the System Restore wizard.
- Click on Next to continue ahead.
- Now, select your preferred restore point, and click on Next.
- Following the on-screen instructions, the issue will be fixed after the system is restored.
5. Reset PC
If you still face the issue, then the last step will be to reset your PC. To reset your PC, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + I key combo to open the Settings app.
- In the System tab, click on the Recovery option.
- Next, click on the Reset PC to continue ahead.
- You will be given two options, i.e., Keep My Files (removes everything except your files) and Remove Everything (it removes everything).
- Select your preferred option and wait for your PC to get reset.
This is how you can fix the qt5widgets.dll Not Found Error. If you have been facing this error and have been looking for troubleshooting steps to fix it, then you can follow the steps in this article and no longer face this issue.