Screenshots or screen capture are a basic feature of almost every device. This can be useful in many cases, for instance, when you want to share something on your screen with someone or save it if something important is on it.
Every Windows laptop has almost the same way of taking screenshots. If you have an HP laptop and want to know how you can take a screenshot of it, then this article will help you with it. In this article, we will be discussing how you can take screenshots on an HP laptop.
Best Ways to Take Screenshots On HP Laptop
There are numerous ways to take screenshots on an HP laptop which include using the keyboard shortcut, in-built tools as well as third-party apps. Below are all the ways you can take screenshots on your HP laptop.
1. Capture the Complete Screen with the Keyboard Shortcut
You can use the predefined keyboard shortcut key on your HP laptop to take a screenshot of the entire screen. Given below are the steps to do so-
- Press the Prtsc button on your keyboard. This will copy the entire screen of your HP laptop.
- Now open Paint from the Start Menu.
- Press Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot on Paint.
- Now, press Ctrl + S and save the screenshot on your PC.
2. Capture The Active Window with the Keyboard Shortcut
If you don’t want to capture the entire screen but a particular window, then there’s a keyboard shortcut for that as well. Follow the steps given below to capture the active window with the keyboard shortcut-
- Open the window in which you want to take a screenshot and press the Alt + Prtsc key combo.
- Press the Windows key, search for Paint, and then press Enter.
- Paste the screenshot in Paint by pressing Ctrl + V key combo.
- Save the image on Paint by pressing Ctrl + S keyboard shortcut.
3. Capture the Entire Screen Directly
The above two methods will only copy the screenshot but not save it. You can paste the screenshot anywhere you want to, and if you want to save it, you can do it through the Pain app.
However, if you want to capture the entire screen directly without going through the hassle of pasting and saving the screenshot on the Paint app, then you can follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + Prtsc and your screen will blink once.
- Now, press Windows + E key combo to open File Explorer.
- On the left sidebar, click on the Pictures option.
- Now on the right side, double-click on the Screenshots folder to open it.
- You will find the screenshot of the screen here.
4. Take the Screenshot Using the Snipping Tool
Another way to take screenshots on HP laptops or a Windows PC is through the Snipping tool. On Windows 10, Snip and sketch and Snipping Tool were two different things, but now Microsoft has merged them into one in Windows 11.
You can use the Snipping tool on your HP laptop to take screenshots as well as record screens. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the screen you want to capture, then press Windows + Shift + S key combo to open Snipping Tool.
- You will now see four ways to take a screenshot at the top of your screen-
- Rectangular- If you want to capture a rectangular screen, select this option.
- Free-Form- If you want to capture the screen free-hand with your cursor then you can do it with this option.
- Window- This option will take a screenshot of the particular window you select.
- Full-Screen- If you want to take a screenshot of your complete screen, select this option.
- Now, drag your cursor to take a screenshot (only if you select Rectangular or Free-form). If you select Window or Full-Screen, the screenshot will be automatically captured.
- You will get a notification on your laptop for the screenshot you took; click on it to open it.
- Now, press Ctrl + S key combo, type the screenshot name, and click on Save to save the screenshot on your PC.
Note- You will not find the option to screen record if you open the Snipping tool through the keyboard shortcut. If you want to screen record, then you will have to open the Snipping tool from the Start Menu.
5. Capture Screenshot Using the Game Bar
You can also use Game Bar to take a screenshot on your HP laptop. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the screen that you want to capture.
- Now, press Windows + G key combo to open the Game Bar.
- Click the Capture button and then the Camera icon to take a screenshot. You can either press Windows + Alt + PrtSc key combo to capture the screenshot.
- Now, press Windows + E key combo to open File Explorer on your PC.
- Click on the Videos on the left, and then double-click Captures on the right to open.
- You will see the screenshot you captured here.
6. Use Third-Party Apps
In-built tools on Windows are limited in functionality when taking screenshots. There are various third-party apps that you can install on your HP laptop to take a screenshot as well as record screens.
You will find various tools on the internet, such as ShareX, Greenshot, DuckShot, etc., which you can download and install on your laptop and then take screenshots using them.
Capturing a screenshot on Windows is easy. If you have an HP laptop and want to take a screenshot, this article is for you. This article lists all the ways to take screenshots on HP laptops.