Amazon Firestick has become a popular gadget in the world of online streaming. It comes with power-packed features, where it lets you download other apps like VUDU to stream content. Here, in this guide, we will explain how to install Vudu on Firestick to watch movies for free.
What is Vudu?
Vudu is a video on demand platform where you can watch movies, Tv shows, series, etc. This app is different from other streaming platforms because it doesn’t ask for a monthly subscription. If you want to use Vudu, there are three ways to use it: free, rent, or purchase.
Vudu is available for free with advertisements; this is one package to stream the content. And it’s obvious. They provide us for free so that they will earn via ads only. So while watching a movie or a show, you will see 3 to 4 commercial ads.
The second category is rent; this means a user can rent a movie, and the price starts from $0.99 to $5.99. This method is good for those who want to watch one particular movie or a show, but the problem is that the movie you rent will automatically be deleted after 24 hours.
And the last one is purchasing a movie. Of course, as you buy a movie, you will need to pay more bucks. However, once you pay for a movie, that movie will remain forever in your account.
Now, let’s get to the point and see how to install Vudu on Firestick.
How to Install Vudu on FireStick?
Vudu is not officially available on FireStick, so we need to use the sideloading process to get the app. So, for that, follow the given below steps:
We will get Vudu via the Downloader app on Firestick.
- First, open Firestick Home and go to Settings.
- Click on My Fire TV or Device and select Developer options.
- Enable the Unknown sources
- Return to FireStick Homepage and tap the Search icon
- Here, type in “Downloader” and click on the results to download the app
- Once it is downloaded, click on the Open
- After that, paste the URL link bit.ly/fire-tv-vudu and tap on Go.
- On the next page, scroll down and look for Vudu for Fire TV
- Click on it, open it, and then tap on “download installation File.“
- It will start downloading. Once it is done, press Install
- After it is installed successfully, click on Done.
- You will get a message where you need to click on the Delete option.
- Open the Vudu app by pressing the Home button on the remote
- Go to Settings and then click on Applications
- From apps, select the Manage Installed Apps option.
- Now, look for Vudu from the list and click on launch app
- The app will be launched and open.
How to Create an Account with Vudu?
Vudu app is only available in the US, so you will not sign up if you are out of the US. But there’s a solution. You can use a VPN and use the app from any country. So, if you are out of the US, use a VPN, change the region and then follow the steps to create an account on Vudu.
- First, download the Vudu app and open it.
- You will need to Sign Up to use the app.
- Now, enter your email address and password.
- Click on Browse Vudu; you will see the app.
- Click on Sign In, and start streaming your favorite content for free.
F.A.Qs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is Vudu app Free?
Vudu app is a free-to-use app, and it does not have paid subscription service. Therefore, you should pay for particular content only.
Is Vudu better than Netflix?
All the Vudu content is high-quality with Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound. Compared to prices, Netflix is much cheaper than Vudu, and it also offers more options.
Is Vudu Safe to use?
You should use the normal Vudu app, do not use the Vudu TV app. It might scam your money.
Using Vudu on FireStick will give you a great experience as you can enjoy your favorite movie on a big screen with a bunch of popcorn in your hand. First, however, make sure you install it in the right way, as explained above.