How often have you found yourself in a situation where your Xbox One beeps and doesn’t start? It’s a common problem with the Xbox One console that many users have been dealing with since its launch.
Both hardware and software could be the cause of the problem. Fortunately, there are some methods to resolve it. In this post, we’ll guide you through the steps to fix Xbox One won’t turn on but beeps.
Reason of Xbox One Won’t Turn On but Beeps
Xbox One making sounds but won’t turn on can occur for several reasons. So before you apply all shared methods by us, you should have an idea of the cause of the issue.
- Faulty power brick and cable: Expecting the Xbox One to turn on is a challenge when the power brick and cable are faulty.
- Generating excessive heat: Pretty common around all technology; the same goes for Xbox One; excessive heat won’t turn on Xbox.
- Faulty Power Supply Unit: If your Xbox One’s power supply unit is not working properly, you can experience this trouble.
- Moisturizer motherboard: Unusual motherboard moisturizer could lead to this problem.
How to Fix Xbox One Won’t Turn On but Beeps
While we’ve considered all possible reasons why our Xbox One isn’t starting up fully, therefore, fixing all the problems could be easy.
1. Fix Overheating Issue
Even though the Xbox One has ventilation spaces, sometimes it doesn’t come in handy to keep the console cool while playing heavy games. Also, playing for a long time can increase the temperature.
If your Xbox One doesn’t cool down, it won’t turn on after the power beeps. Here’s what you can do:
- Give some rest (more than an hour) to the console if it is heated excessively.
- Keep the console in a well-ventilated area.
- Replace the power supply.
- Clean the ventilation spaces regularly to maintain airflow.
2. Press the Eject Button Repeatedly
It may sound weird, but it’s proven tricks that you can apply when your Xbox One is not turning on. As per the Xbox community, many users have already used this trick, and guess what? They got the result.
So, press the eject button on your Xbox One repeatedly more than 10 times in a row, and then boot up. Hopefully, it will work. If it doesn’t, try again after some time.
3. Power Cycle Your Xbox One
If Xbox One isn’t turning on, power cycling could be the solution. Power cycling is like restarting the device. Here’s what you need to do.
- First, turn off the Xbox One and unplug the power cord from the power source.
- After a while, plug in the power cord again and turn on the Xbox One.
4. Insert a Disc on Your Xbox One
This can be a handy fix when your Xbox One makes a beep sound but doesn’t turn on. Follow this:
- Turn Off your Xbox One, and insert a disc.
- Then turn on the Xbox One.
- As usual, when you get the beep sound, push the disc inside.
- If it goes well, Xbox One will be On in a minute.
6. Press Sync, Eject, and Power Buttons Together
Here’s another tricky and complex method to fix when Xbox One not turning on. You must press the sync, eject, and power button properly.
Follow this instruction carefully; a little mess-up could lead to another problem.
- Press and hold the Sync, Eject, and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
- After completing 10 seconds, release the Eject button only.
- Hold the other two buttons for more than 15 seconds; after that, release them all.
- To turn on your Xbox One, press and hold the Power button and long-press the Sync button.
- Technically, it should boot up your Xbox One. If it doesn’t, press and release the Sync button continuously while holding the power button.
7. Check the Motherboard and Remove Moisturizer and Dust
A device cannot function without a functional motherboard. Ensure that your Xbox One’s motherboard is fully functional. However, depending on the environment, it can be damaged by moisturizer, dust, and humidity.
We recommend you check the motherboard thoroughly. If you lack technical knowledge, get expert help to fix all motherboard-related issues, including cleaning, moisturizers and dust.
8. Get a Working Power Brick and Cable
The power brick and cable are key for supplying power to Xbox One’s external power supply unit. If both of them are damaged, you won’t be able to boot up the Xbox One, no matter how many times you try.
To fix this issue, closely examine the power bricks, cables, and external power units. If you suspect any issues, simply fix them or buy new ones.
9. Remove All External Accessories from the Xbox One
This could be another reason the Xbox One does not turn on after the beep sound. So, if you’re using other external accessories through various ports, consider removing them. After that, turn on the Xbox One again and check whether it’s working.
As far as we know, Xbox won’t turn on, but beep is the most frustrating problem. Some moody players become mad when dealing with this issue, but as mentioned in the article, there is a way to fix it. I hope you have enough information to stay calm and fix it. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments.