Google Chrome was launched in 2008 and has since evolved into the world’s most popular desktop web browser. In addition, it is by far one of the most used browsers with billions of daily users. But still, there are some things that chrome users didn’t like much.
When you access multiple tabs in chrome and work in one tab, then other tabs go inactive. So when you open those tabs, they show old content as they are inactive. So you need to use a third-party app to auto-refresh those tabs while working with one tab. You can set intervals of time so it can auto-reload and fetch the latest content.
Also Read- How To Install Chrome Extensions On Android
Steps To Auto Refresh Tabs in Chrome
There are a few simple steps that will help you to auto-refresh your opened tab automatically at a fixed interval of time.
Meanwhile, keep in mind that there is no direct method as you have to download an extension for this particular job on your Chrome browser. But, how? Let’s check out the steps
- First of all, go to the Page Refresher and download this extension.
- Now, hit the Add to Chrome button, then click on the Add extension button.
- Now, wait until the Extension gets downloaded and installed on your Chrome browser.
- Once done, click on the Extension located at the top-right corner of your window (it look like a puzzle icon).
- Then, click on the page refresher from the opened list of extensions.
- Now click on the Pin button to hook this extension on your chrome. So you can easily access this extenion.
- After that, you need to select the time interval that how frequent you want to refresh your tabs automatically.
- Again, click on the extension icon and click on the three dots located with the Page Refresher.
- Then, expand the This can read and change site data and select the option On all sites.
That’s it. Now, all your tabs will automatically get refreshed after the interval that you have set.
How To Disable The Auto Refresh Tab
If you do not want to use it anymore, the simplest method is to remove the Extension from your Chrome browser. But, if you want to use it in the future and don’t want to delete it completely, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, click on the Extension followed by the Page Refresher.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Now, inside the settings window, hit the stop all tab refreshing. This will stop the auto-refreshing feature without removing it.
That’s it. Now, you have learned both to enable and disable the auto-refresh tab on your Chrome browser. We hope that you find this guide useful.
However, it is not necessary that you only use this particular Extension, but in my opinion, this is one of the best page refreshers I’ve found on the internet. Also, let us know what you think about these extensions.