Nowadays, most people use Bluetooth mouse over traditional wired mouse. This is because a Bluetooth mouse can be used from a long range compared to a wired mouse and can be used with multiple devices.
However, there are certain cons to using Bluetooth Mouse. Many times, you may face connectivity issues on your Bluetooth mouse.
If you are facing connectivity issues on your Bluetooth mouse, it may be due to various reasons like outdated drivers of the mouse, corrupted drivers, issues with power management, or random technical glitches.
If your Bluetooth Mouse keeps disconnecting in Windows 11, you can follow the troubleshooting steps in this guide. We have listed various ways to help fix connectivity issues on your Bluetooth mouse.
How to Fix Bluetooth Mouse Keeps Disconnecting in Windows 11
You can face connectivity issues on your Bluetooth mouse due to various reasons. Be it any reason, you can follow the steps given below and you will be able to fix the issue-
1. Restart Your Computer
You may face this issue due to bugs or random glitches on your PC. Such bugs are common in Windows and may cause such issues. You can try restarting your PC to fix those bugs and temporary glitches causing the issue.
After the restart, you should make sure to check whether the mouse is working fine or not. If you still face the issue, move to the next troubleshooting step explained below in this following article.
2. Reinstall Mouse Drivers
Another method is to uninstall the mouse and then reinstall them. This will delete the faculty or corrupted drivers in the computer and fix issues due to them. The steps for this are as follows-
- Press Windows + X key combo and click on Device Manager to open it.
- Expand the Mice and other pointing devices section by double-clicking on it.
- From the list of devices, right-click on your Bluetooth mouse, and then click on Uninstall device. Confirm uninstalling the driver.
- Once done, restart your PC.
- Try connecting your Bluetooth mouse to your PC again and check if the issue is still encountered or not.
3. Update Mouse Drivers
If the Bluetooth mouse disconnects continuously on Windows 11, this might be due to an outdated mouse driver. You will have to update your mouse driver to the latest version to fix the issue. The steps for the same are as follow-
- Press Windows key, search for Device Manager, and open it.
- Next, double-click on the Mice and other pointing devices section to expand it.
- Here, right-click on the mouse you are using and then click on Update Driver.
- Now, click on Search Automatically for Driver option. This will automatically update the mouse driver from the internet.
- Once done, restart your PC, and check if the issue still arises or not.
4. Disable Windows Power Management
You may also face this issue due to improper Windows Power Management settings. To fix this issue, follow the steps given below-
- Right-click on the Start icon and then click on Device Manager from the menu that opens up.
- Next, expand the Mice and other pointing devices section by double-clicking on it.
- From here, right-click on your Bluetooth mouse and then click on Properties.
- Now, head to the Power Management tab appearing on the top of the window, and there uncheck the box appearing next to the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option.
- Once done, click on the OK button to save the changes that have been made.
- Lastly, Restart the computer to check whether the issue is fixed or not.
5. Update Your Windows
If a previous update has not been installed correctly or there are some pending updates on your PC, then they are likely to cause issues like the Bluetooth mouse keeps on disconnecting. You will have to update your Windows to the latest version to fix it. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Start Menu and then from there open Settings.
- Next, select the Windows Update option from the left sidebar and click on Check for updates option.
- Download and install all the updates available.
- Once all the updates have been installed, restart your PC.
6. Perform Bluetooth Troubleshoot
In-build Windows troubleshooter comes in very handy to recommend fixes for any issues within the system. Even when facing any problem regarding the Bluetooth mouse, performing Bluetooth troubleshooting could save you.
- Press the Windows + I key to open the Windows Settings app.
- Then, click on System and select Troubleshoot.
- Next, click on Other troubleshoot.
- Now click on the Run button of Bluetooth.
- It will come up with possible errors and solutions to follow.
7. Switch to Automatic Bluetooth Support Service
Most of the time, Bluetooth starts working without any changes, but when it keeps disconnecting, switching to automatic service could be helpful.
- Right-click on the Windows icon, and select Run.
- Type services.msc then hit the Enter button.
- On the service app find the Bluetooth Support Service, right-click on it, and select Properties.
- In the startup type section, select Automatic from the dropdown menu.
- Now click on Apply and OK to save these changes to a compact Bluetooth mouse connection.
8. Get New Batteries for Bluetooth Mouse
Many people often forget to check the battery level of their mouse. Surprisingly, this could be a possible cause of a Bluetooth mouse disconnecting. In such cases, inserting a new battery can help reconnect your mouse.
These were some of the best troubleshooting methods to fix Bluetooth mouse keeps disconnecting in Windows 11. If you have been facing any issues with your mouse, then the above steps will help fix it.
If you still face the issue, check for a faulty Bluetooth mouse. The problem may often be within the mouse, not on your PC. Use the mouse with another PC; if it does not work, you will have to replace it.