Wordpad comes in handy for writing pieces of words promptly. Historically, the basic word processor was first seen in Windows 95. After that, you can see it in every Windows OS free of cost. Using Wordpad is relatively easy than Microsoft word.
However, after creating a document on Wordpad, if you need some advanced features to add to the document. Therefore, Microsoft Word is the word processor you should think about.
Needless to say, you can’t open a Wordpad document on Microsoft Word without converting the file. In this case, if you don’t know how to do it, here’s the guide about how to convert Wordpad document into Microsoft Word to follow.
- Learn About Wordpad Documents and Microsoft Word Document
- Convert Wordpad Document into Microsoft Word on Windows
Learn About Wordpad Documents and Microsoft Word Document
Both apps are different as it has differences in outcome file formats. Generally, Wordpad is a simple word processor, and you can accomplish some writing at a basic level, such as letters and notes. Most importantly, the Wordpad comes along with the OS itself. You don’t need to do anything extra.
On the other hand, Microsoft Word is a fully featured powerful word processor by Microsoft and comes under the Office suite paid plan. Using Microsoft Word, you can do anything you want in between your writings. Adding simple word art to advance brainstorming tools will fall to you in Microsoft Word.
In the contest, Wordpad produces every document in RFT format by default. You can alter it accordingly. While Microsoft Word delivers in DOC and DOCX file extensions. And DOC and DOCX extension is the most useful and common file format that everyone uses.
Convert Wordpad Document into Microsoft Word on Windows
If you have Microsoft Word on your system right now, it is super easy to convert Wordpad documents into Microsoft Word format. Otherwise, we have other ways, which are as easy as eating pie. Without ado, let’s dive deep into the process.
1. Convert a WordPad Document to Word using Microsoft Word
Creating a fresh document to converting a document to another format is all about following some steps in Microsoft Word. Here’s the process you need to follow.
- First of all, find the particular Wordpad document in the File Manager.
- Now right-click upon the document, and choose Open with Microsoft Word. The document will open on Microsoft Word.
- In Microsoft word, click on the File to save the file as a Word document file.
- Next, choose the folder you want to save the file, give the easy file name, and lastly, choose Word Document (*.docx) from the save as type field, which is the most important thing.
- Now click on the Save button as usual to save any document.
2. Convert WordPad Document to Word using Microsoft WordPad
If you don’t have Microsoft Word, you don’t need to worry about converting the document into a Word document. Wordpad has the capability to save the document as a Word file to use in Microsoft Word further. This is what you need to follow.
- Open Wordpad > click File > find the RTF document > click on Open.
- Then go to File, and the File menu will appear next to you.
- Now select the Save as button to save the document to a different format, and now choose Office Open XML Document (*.docx).
- You can select the folder where you want to save the file. And finally, click on the Save button.
- Your Wordpad document will convert into a Microsoft Word document.
3. Steps to Convert a WordPad Document to Word using Online Converter tool
Countless websites are there to convert a file format to another file format. After hovering here and there, we have come up with this online tool to convert RTF documents to DOCX documents.
And this is one of the relevant processes or practices you can try out. Without Microsoft Word and Wordpad, these kinds of tools really time-saving and convenient. Let’s follow the process.
- Visit this site on your preferred browser.
- Here you need to upload the Wordpad file. Click on choose files, and select the document from File Manager.
- When everything is ready, now click on the arrow button it will expand its lists, and now select Word.
- Next, simply click on the convert button.
- On the next page, you can download the converted file.
Wrapping up – everything needs to know about how to convert Wordpad documents into Microsoft Word. All shared methods are convenient. Choose any of these most suitable for you. If you face any problems, let us know in the comment section.