Facebook Messenger is a messaging app for Facebook users. You can chat with your friends through the Messenger app. It has many features and one of them is the message archive. You can archive the messages on Facebook messenger that are private and you don’t want them to appear in the inbox.
Once you archive the message, it will be moved to the archive folder from your inbox. You can view the archived messages later and even unarchive them if you want to.
You also get the option to delete archived messages on messenger in case you want to clear your archive folder. If you are looking for a guide to help you with the process, follow the steps we will mention in this article.
Delete Archived Messages on Messenger
Messenger is available for mobile and PC, so you can easily delete archived messages no matter your device. Given below are the steps to delete the archived messages on Messenger on both Android and iOS-
1. On Mobile
If you want to delete the archived messages on Messenger on your mobile, then follow the steps given below-
- Open the Messenger app on your phone and log into your account if you have not already done that.
- Now, tap on the Hamburger menu icon at the top left corner, and then tap on Archive.
- Here, tap and hold the archive chat you want to delete and tap on Delete. Tap on Delete again to confirm deleting the archived messages on Messenger.
2. On PC
To delete archived messages on Messenger on your PC, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Messenger website on your browser.
- Here, you will be asked to log into your Facebook account. Enter your account credentials and click on Log in button. If you were already using a Facebook account on that browser, you would be asked to continue with that account on Messenger.
- Click on the Archived option from the left sidebar.
- Now, click on the three ellipses next to the chat you want to delete, and then click on Delete Chat.
- Confirm deleting the chat by clicking on the Delete Chat button.
This is how you can delete archived messages on Messenger. If you want to delete the chats in the archive folder on the Facebook Messenger app, then you can follow the steps above in this article.
1. What are Archive Messages?
Messages that you want to hide can be archived on Messenger. The message you archived will be sent to the archived folder and you won’t see them in the inbox.
2. Can I Delete Archive Messages on Messenger?
Yes, you do have the option to delete archive messages on Messenger. You can follow the steps we have mentioned above to delete archive messages.
3. How do I Permanently Delete Archived Messages?
To delete archived messages, head to the Archive folder on messenger. Tap and hold the chat you want to delete and tap on the Delete button to permanently delete the chat.