Most of you guys already know about online ads’ concepts and how they work and show you relevant ads account to your search history and preferences. There is an option of the Device Advertising ID in Windows privacy settings. When you install the windows 11 operating system on your system, it will generate a unique Advertising ID for your device.
When your Device Advertising ID is enabled, location-based apps can access your location, track your preferences, and show you targeted and interest-based ads according to your interests. In addition, this unique identity is used by app developers and advertisers for their own purposes.
Most users don’t want apps to track their devices and show irritating ads while using windows apps. So they are looking to remove those ads from their Windows 11 PC. So In this article, we demonstrate steps by steps that how you can turn off or disable Device Advertising ID in Windows 11.
Also Read- How to Flush DNS Cache in Windows 11
Steps to Disable Device Advertising ID in Windows 11
There are many ways to turn off the personalized advertising ID in Windows 11. But first, we introduced the best and simple way to do it. That is very easy for any technical or nontechnical person. So let’s check out the steps.
- Press the Windows + I key to open Windows settings or click on the start menu and open settings.
- Now click on Privacy & Security from the left menu and select the General option under windows permissions.
- After expanding General Tab and select Let apps show me personalized ads by using my advertising ID and toogle the button to Turn Off.
- Now you successfully turn off Device Advertising ID.
Disable Advertising ID Using Local Group Policy Editor
Another way to enable or disable Advertising ID is using Local Group Policy. This method is for those who are familiar with windows core features and technically sound. Let’s check it out.
- Firstly Press Windows + R Key to open a Run dialog box.
- Type gpedit.msc and hit enter to open Local Group Policy Editor.
- After opening the local group policy you need to navigate the below path:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > User Profile.
- Now in User Profile, you can see Turn off the advertising ID option on the right pane. Double click on it to open configuration.
- Now Select Disable Radio Button and Hit on Apply and Ok button.
After applying these settings, you will be no longer see the Microsoft store showing you targeted ads on your Windows 11/10 computer. Of course, if your mind changes sometimes and you want to enable it back, you can follow these same steps again and choose Enable option and save settings.