It’s happening again; a new version of Windows is here, and that may terrify you over the last decade. Microsoft has given us upgrade whiplash, making our computers worse than better than worse again but wait, Windows 11 has good news for us. I’m personally using this, and it’s the best PC experience I’ve had since Windows XP.
There are many features that Windows 11 offers, including touchpad gestures. It is not like this feature was only introduced in Windows 11, but Microsoft made some changes in it this time. However, unfortunately, many users reported that the touch gestures are not working on their Windows 11 PC after the previous update.
Well, after investigating this error, our team found that by disabling and re-enabling the touch gestures, it again started working in many cases. That’s why we are here with this guide to help you to disable the Touchpad Gestures. So, make sure to follow the below-mentioned steps carefully.
Steps to Disable Three-Finger Touchpad Gestures in Windows 11 Settings
Many Windows users believe that a mouse is essential to get things done in windows. However, times have changed, and Windows users can now use trackpad gestures to navigate windows like a pro. These gestures are a huge timesaver and help you navigate Windows 11 much more quickly and efficiently. So, let’s take a look at the guidelines that will help you fix if the touch gestures didn’t work on your Windows 11 PC.
- First of all, press the Win+I key simultaneously to open the Windows Settings app on your Windows 11 PC. Alternatively, you can hover to the Start menu and select the Settings app.
- After that, simply hover to the Bluetooth & Devices tab located at the left side of the screen.
- Then, simply locate the Touchpad option from the list of given options and click on it to proceed.
- Now, look for the three-finger gestures tile and tap on it. This will expand this option, and more options will appear. So, click on the drop-down button located in front of the Swipes option.
- After that, click on the Nothing option from the opened context menu.
That’s it. Now, the three-finger gestures on your Windows 11 PC get disabled. However, you can again re-enable it by following the same steps.
Steps To Reset All Touch Gestures on Windows 11 PC
Now, it is possible that just disabling and re-enabling the three-finger gesture doesn’t help you fix the touch gestures, then it disabling or resetting all the touchpad gestures may help you.
- Initially, press the Win+I key simultaneously to open the Windows Settings app on your Windows 11 PC.
- Then, simply hover to the Bluetooth & Devices tab located at the left side of the screen.
- After that, simply locate the Touchpad option from the list of given options and click on it to proceed.
- Now, click on the Taps option from the list to expand it. Then, uncheck the box located next to each gesture to disable them all.
However, in case you want to disable the Scroll & Zoom Gestures, you need to click on the Scroll & Zoom option, as shown in the picture below. After that, uncheck the box located in front of the Drag Two Fingers to Scroll and Pinch to Zoom.
Also, if you want to reset the whole gesture, simply click on the Touchpad tile to expand it. Then, hit the Reset button. This will reset the Touchpad Gestures on your Windows 11 PC.
So, that’s all we have for you on how to disable the touchpad gesture on your Windows 11 PC. We hope this guide has helped you. However, in case if you have any doubt regarding the steps we have mentioned in this guide, let us know in the comment section.