A built-in default command-line tool, known as Windows Terminal, is present on Windows 11. This Terminal has a black minimal theme, which many people may not like. However, Windows Terminal allows users to select the themes that they can set on it.
The default theme on Terminal can feel basic and might not be up to most users’ preferences. Windows 11 Terminal has preset colors which you can use on it and even some built-in themes.
Users can switch between the built-in themes such as One- Half dark, Campbell Powershell, Vintage, Campbel, etc. Moreover, users can also download additional themes for Windows Terminal and install them. This article will discuss how you can download and install Terminal Themes in Windows 11.
Steps to Change Windows Terminal Themes and Colors
If you want to change Windows Terminal themes and colors, you can follow the steps given below-
1. Change Windows Terminal Theme in Windows 11
If the user wants to change the Windows Terminal theme in Windows 11, then they need to follow the steps that are mentioned below-
- You need to head to the Windows Terminal Themes repository; here, we will discuss GitHub. Click on this link to the Terminal theme page on GitHub.
- From here, simply download the theme that you want to use.
- Now, open Start Menu, search for Windows Terminal and run it as administrator.
- Press Ctrl + Comma key combo to open Settings, and click on Open JSON file.
- Select Profile and go to the ColorScheme brackets from the list.
- Now, replace the name in the colorScheme with the new theme’s name.
- Save the settings and this will install the Windows Terminal Theme.
2. Change the Color of Windows Terminal Theme in Windows 11
To change the color of your theme on Windows Terminal, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows and Search for Windows Terminal.
- Then, click on its Menu button and choose the Settings option from its drop-down options.
- Next, select the Color Schemes option and click the Add new button.
- Now, select the Rename option and enter the name per your choice for the scheme. And also, click on the Accept rename button.
- Once the above steps have been performed, go to the Terminal Colors and select the terminal’s color.
- Lastly, click on the Save button to save the changes.
This article discusses how you can download and install Windows Terminal Theme on your PC. Moreover, we have also discussed how you can change the color of your theme. If you want to do so, following the above steps will help you.
1. What to do if Windows Terminal Themes are not Changing?
If you cannot change the themes on the Windows Terminal, we recommend you restart your PC. If you still face the problem, then try installing another theme to check whether the problem is with the theme or not.
2. Can I Change the Color of the Windows Terminal Theme?
Yes, you can change the color of the Windows Terminal Theme. The steps for the same have been discussed in the article above, so you can follow that to change the color of the Windows Terminal Theme.
3. From Where can I Download Windows Terminal Themes?
You can download Windows Terminal themes from the repositories like GitHub.