Nowadays, most people use Dark mode/night mode. Not only it looks cool and aesthetic, but it also helps prevent eye fatigue. The Dark mode helps the users to relax their eyes and save them from straining for a long time. Microsoft introduced Dark Mode in Windows 10, which has been greatly improved in Windows 11.
You can either go for dark mode or set it to custom, where you can select what elements will be in dark mode and what will be in the dark. If you want to enable system-wide dark mode in Windows 11 but face problems with it, then this article will guide you.
Enable System-Wide Dark Mode in Windows 11
You can enable System-wide dark mode; then, you can do it from Settings. To enable the dark mode, follow the steps given below-
- Go to the Start menu, search for Settings and open it.
- Then, click on the Personalization appearing on the left sidebar.
- Next, select the Colors option from the right-hand side.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to the Choose your mode and click on the Dark option.
How to Set Accent Color to Automatic?
Users can also do that if they want to set an accent color based on their background. This will help them if they choose a dark color for their background; their system will mimic those colors and give the desired outcome. The steps to set the accent color to automatic are as follows-
- Press Windows + I key combo to open the Settings app.
- Under the Personalization section, click on the Colors option on the window’s right-hand side.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to the Accent Color and set it as Automatic.
How to Change the Color of the Screen?
If the users want to change the color temperature of their screen, then they need to follow the steps mentioned below-
- Press the Windows+I key combo on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Under the System section, click on the Display option.
- Here, click on the Advanced Display option under the Related Settings section.
- Now, under the Display Information section, click on Display Adapter Properties.
- On the next window that opens up, head to the Color Management tab and then clicks on Color Management.
- Here, check the checkbox for Use my settings for this device.
- Now, click on the Add button.
- Now, select the predefined color settings from here and click on OK.
If you want to set the system-wide dark mode in Windows 11, you can do it by following the steps in this article. Moreover, we have also discussed how you can set the accent color as well as change the temperature of the screen
Frequently asked questions (FAQS)
1. What is System Dark Mode?
The dark mode sets the system screen dark with less strain on the eyes.
2. How to Adjust Display Brightness?
You can adjust the brightness on your laptop from the action center. To access the action center, press the Windows + A key combo and then slide the brightness slider to increase or decrease the brightness. You will have to adjust the brightness for Desktop users through your monitor.
3. Is Dark Mode Better for your Eyes?
Yes! The dark mode is best for your eyes as it reduces the eye strain and with the help of dark mode, it’s easier to see the screen even in dimly lit areas as it uses less white light.
4. How do I Get System-Wide Dark Mode?
You can follow the steps given in this article to enable system-wide dark mode.