Epson Scan is the software to let you use your Epson Scanner. However, if you are facing some issue with the Epson Scan software, then you will not be able to access it and use your Epson scanner. This is a general issue that users can face in Windows 11 due to reasons such as corrupted system files, viruses, issues with services, and various others.
If you have been looking for methods to fix Epson Scan not working in Windows 11, you have made your way to the right article. In this article, we will be listing some of the working ways to help fix Epson Scan not working in Windows 11.
Also Read- Fix HP Scanner Not Working in Windows 11
Fix Epson Scan Not Working in Windows 11
As discussed above, you may face issues with the Epson scan due to outdated drivers, bugs, conflicting apps, and various such reasons. Given below are the fixes to help troubleshoot Epson Scan not working in Windows 11-
1. General Fixes
Before we continue with the actual troubleshooting steps, you must try general fixes like restarting the PC. Sometimes, temporary bugs and glitches can cause the issue, which can be fixed by restarting your PC.
Also, you should try checking issues with the cable connecting your scanner to your PC and ensure it is working fine. If none of this seems to help, you should move to the troubleshooting steps in this article.
2. Run The Program In Compatibility Mode
If you are facing any issues with the Epson Scan software, then you should try doing is running the program in compatibility mode-
- Right-click on the Epson Scan icon on your desktop and then click on Properties.
- In the Properties, head to the Compatibility tab.
- Here, check the checkbox for Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Now, select any older version of Windows (Windows 7 or Windows 8) and click on OK to save the changes.
- Now, try to rerun the program and check if you still face the issue or not.
3. Update Your Epson Scanner Driver
You may face issues with the Epson scan due to the outdated drivers. Therefore, you should try updating your Epson Scanner driver and then check if you still face the issue or not. To update Epson Scanner Driver, follow the steps given below-
- In the Start Menu, search for Device Manager and open it.
- Expand the Imaging devices tab by double-clicking on it.
- Here, right-click on your Epson scanner and click on Update driver.
- Now, click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- After updating your driver, restart your PC and the issue should be fixed.
4. Run SFC Scan
Another thing that you can try doing is running the SFC scan. SFC scan fixes the issue due to corrupted system files. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- In the Start Menu, search for Command Prompt, right-click on it and click on Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt, type and execute the command sfc /scannow
- Wait for the command to get executed and then restart your PC.
5. Run Printer Troubleshooter
Running the printer troubleshooter can also help fix the issue with the Epson scan. To run the Printer troubleshooter, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows key, and click on Settings to open it.
- On the right side of the System tab, click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Now, click on Other troubleshooters.
- After doing so, click on the Run button next to the Printer.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to run the printer troubleshooter.
6. Ensure Essential Services Are Running
If Epson Scan is not working in Windows 11, it may be because essential services are not running. To ensure the vital services are running, follow the steps given below-
- Open Start Menu, search for Services and open it.
- Select the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service in the Services app window.
- Right-click on this service, and then click on Properties.
- Here, set the Startup type to Automatic.
- Click on the Start button if the Service Status is not running.
- Now, click on Apply and then on OK to run the service.
- Do the same for the Hardware Detection Properties service.
7. Update Windows
Another thing to do if you are still facing the issue is to update your Windows to the latest version. To update Windows, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + I to open Windows 11 Settings.
- Here, head to the Windows Update section from the left sidebar.
- Now on the right side, click on Check for updates button.
- Download and install all the updates your PC finds and restart your PC.
These are some possible fixes to help troubleshoot Epson Scan not working in Windows 11. Following the above steps, you will be able to fix issues with the Epson scan you are facing on your Windows 11 PC.