Its been a while since Microsoft launched Windows 11, but still, the new OS does not seem to be very useful for many users, as they are often suffering from several issues. Although Microsoft tried its best to provide an enhanced users experience. But, all goes in vain, talking about the recent case; then, after the recent patch update, users are started complaining about a black desktop background display issue in their Windows 11 PC.
Well, the good news is Microsoft already considered this and stated that their developer team started working on this, and soon they will provide some fixes to resolve this error. But, until they provide some fixes, you can rely on the fixes that we have mentioned here in this guide to fix the black desktop background display error.
Also Read- Windows 11 Keyboard Shortcuts List
Methods to Fix Black Desktop Background Issue In Windows 11
There are multiple ways that you can use to resolve the black desktop background display issue in Windows 11. Therefore, make sure to follow them carefully and check if the below-mentioned methods really help you:
Method 1: Try Restarting The Windows Explorer
You can restart Windows Explorer to fix this issue, as many users reported that this helped them to resolve it. So, let’s take a look at the instructions:
- Firstly, press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc key simultaneously to open the Task Manager. Then, click on the More to see the details.
- After that, shift to the Processes tab and locate the Windows Explorer.
- Then, select and right-click on it. After that, simply select the Restart button to restart the File Explorer.
Method 2: Reboot Your PC
There are chances that the temporary cache data stored on your PC prevents all the hardware from functioning properly, resulting in this type of error. So, to remove those files, you must reboot your Windows 11 PC and check if the issue gets fixed or not.
Method 3: Check For GPU Driver Update
It is possible that your Windows 11 PC may be running on an older GPU driver, due to which your PC may not be able to perform well. So, you need to verify if your GPU driver is updated, and here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Initially, right-click on the Start menu and open the Device Manager.
- After that, expand the Display Adapter tab.
- Then, right-click on your GPU manufacturer name and select the Update Driver button from the opened drop-down menu.
That’s it. Now, you can wait until it searches for the update. However, if you see there is any update available, then make sure to install it on your device. After that, reboot your device and check if the black desktop background display issue on your Windows 11 PC gets resolved or not.
Method 4: Change The Background Wallpaper Manually
If you have tried all the tricks and find yourself nowhere except getting the same error. Then, try changing the background wallpaper manually and see if it helps. So, let’s take a look at the instructions:
- First of all, you can open the Run box and search for ms-settings:personalization. This will open the Personalization Settings.
- Now, hit the Background option to change the wallpaper.
- After that, tap on the drop-down button located in front of Personalize your background. Then, select the Picture option.
- Then, under the Recent images section, you will see all the recent pictures that you use as your wallpaper. Otherwise, you can also click on the Browse photos option.
- After that, hit the Choose Picture button and select the photo that you want to set your wallpaper.
So, that’s how you fix the black desktop background display issue on your Windows 11 PC. We hope that this guide has helped you. But, in case you want more details, comment below.