Nobody would want a blurry screen upon their PC boot up. A blurry screen makes it difficult to read the content because the apps, menus, and the text on your screen appear blurry. The issue is most commonly encountered by the users when they try using an external monitor or have replaced their monitor.
If you have been facing this issue and are looking for ways to fix it, this is the troubleshooting guide you have been looking for. In this article, we will be discussing a few ways following which you can easily fix Blurry screen issues on your Windows 11 PC.
Also Read- Fix Device Manager Keeps Refreshing
Fix Blurry Screen Issue on Windows 11
If you are tired of seeing a blurry screen upon your PC bootup, you can follow the steps given ahead. We have listed some methods to help fix the Blurry screen issue on Windows 11.
1. Change Display Resolution
The very first thing that you should do is change the display resolution. You may face this issue when you try using an external monitor or have replaced your previous monitor. It is because of the differences between the screen resolution of your new monitor and the old one.
Changing the display resolution should most probably fix the issue. To change the display resolution, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows + I key combo.
- On the right side of the System tab, click on the Display option.
- Next, click on the drop-down menu next to Display resolution and select the recommended resolution.
- Now, click on Keep Changes to save the changes you made.
2. Update The Graphics Drivers
Blurry screen issues on Windows 11 can also be due to outdated display drivers. If this is the case, you will have to update the graphics drivers on your PC. You can do that by following the given steps-
- Press Windows + X key combo. and click on Device Manager.
- Now, expand Display Adapters and select your graphic driver.
- Right-click on your graphic driver, and click on Update Driver.
- Once done, click on Search Automatically for Drivers to update the driver.
- If you have integrated and a dedicated graphics card, update the driver for both.
- Restart your PC to save the changes.
3. Turn On ClearType Text
When the text on your Windows 11 PC still appears blurry, you can use the ClearType text tune to make it sharp. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- In the Start Menu, search for and open Adjust ClearType Text.
- Check the checkbox for Turn on Clear Type and click Next on the window that appears.
- You will see two sample texts on your screen. Click on the sharp and not blurry text, and then click on Next.
- Note- You will have to do the exact 5 times for different text samples.
- Once done, click on Finish to save the changes you made.
4. Change DPI Setting For Program
If a particular app appears blurry, you should change the app’s DPI setting to fix the blur screen issue. To do this, follow the given steps-
- Open the Start menu and search for the app that appears to be blurry. Right-click on the app, and click on Open file location.
- In the folder that opens, find the Executable file. Right-click on the file, and then select Properties.
- In the app’s properties dialog, click on the Compatibility tab and click on the Change High DPI settings button.
- Here, check the checkbox for Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in settings.
- Then check the checkbox for Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: and select Application from the dropdown menu.
- Save the changes and exit the properties. See if the app is blurry or not.
5. Change Visual Effects Settings
Sometimes, disabling some Visual effects such as animation can help you improve the performance when your PC runs slowly.
However, if you started facing this issue after switching your PC to best performance mode, it may be the reason behind it.
To fix the blurry screen issue on Windows 11, you will have to change the visual effects setting by following the steps given below-
- Press Win+R, type system.cpl and click on OK. This will open System Properties.
- Now, go to the Advanced tab and click the Settings option under the performance section.
- On the next window, select the Adjust for best appearance option.
- Then click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
These were some troubleshooting methods to fix the blurry screen issue on Windows 11. If you find your screen blurry, this article will help you solve the problem. Following the steps in this article, you will be able to fix the Blurry Screen Issue on Windows 11.