Discord is a talking, video chatting platform that creates a home for your friends and communities. You can stay close to them while having fun over voice, text, and video chat. No matter whether you’re a part of a school club, a gaming group, or just a group of your close buddies, Discord makes it easy to talk every day and hang out more often.
Now, talking about the new error that users are currently going through. Then, right now, Discord users are bothered due to no route RTC connecting error. Well, it is a widespread error that occurs when your Discord application fails to establish a connection to the server.
There are various reasons behind this error, such as a DNS error or a poor connection. So, let’s find out how you’ll be able to get rid of the Discord no route RTC connecting error.
List of Best Ways To Fix Discord No Route RTC Connecting Error
Before we start, make sure to reboot your device once. This will fix if the issue occurs due to some random bugs and glitches. So, reboot and check if Discord is still stuck on the no route RTC connecting error. If so, then follow the methods we describe below:
#1. Reboot or Power Cycle Your Router
As you may already have noticed that this is an error that occurs due to a network issue; therefore, we recommend you first check your Wi-Fi connection speed. However, if you find that it is not giving you proper speed, then try power cycling your router as this will clear temporary glitches and bugs (if any).
- So, to power cycle, you can switch off the router and plug out all the cords, including the power cord.
- Then, after waiting for 5-10seconds, plug in the cord and give the power supply to the router.
- After that, wait until all the lights start blinking. Then, connect your PC to the network and check if the error gets disappears or not.
#2. Kill The Background Processes
Sometimes, the application running in the background may conflict with your Discord app and prevent it from using your system’s resources. So, in that case, closing the background processes will be the best choice for you. Well, if you don’t know how to do this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Esc altogether.
- Then, shift to the processes tab and locate the application that consumes a lot of resources.
- Now, select the application and hit the End task button.
#3. Check If You Have The Latest Version of Discord
Did you have the latest version of Discord installed on your PC? If not, then open Google or your Microsoft Store and check if there is any update available for the Discord app or not. However, if there is a new patch update available, we recommend you download and update it. Then, rerun the Discord app and check if the no route RTC connecting error gets fixed.
#4. Run The Discord With Admin Rights
To run the Discord as an administrator, you can follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, hover over to the desktop and right-click on the Discord app. Then, select the properties option.
- Now, switch to the Compatibility tab.
- Then, under the settings section, select Run this Program as an Administrator.
- Finally, hit the Apply button followed by OK to save the settings.
#5. Change Voice Region
Sometimes due to a voice channel or a particular user, this kind of Discord server issue occurs. So, in that case, changing the voice region may help you to fix the error mentioned above.
Here are the steps that you need to accomplish:
- Firstly, open the voice channels in which you are facing issues and hit the cogwheel button.
- Then, select the Overview tab, now a Region Override dropdown menu will appear. So, from that, choose any region that you want.
- But, we recommend you select a different region instead of the region that you’ve used before.
- Finally, ask everyone to rejoin the channel and check if the issue gets resolved.
#6. Allow Discord To Firewall
Many users reported that when they disable or allow their Discord app from the Windows firewall. Therefore, you can also give it a shot. So, let’s see how:
- Firstly, search and open the Windows Defender Firewall from the Windows search menu.
- In the next window, click on the Allow an app or feature through the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Now, from the list of installed applications, select the Discord and checkmark Private and Public options. Then, hit the OK button.
- If the Discord app isn’t on the list, then click on the Allow another app.
- After that, select the Browse button. Then, locate and select Discord.exe. If you didn’t find the .exe file, then directly browse to:
C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Discord\app-0.0.30
- Once you find this, follow the 3rd step again and hit the OK button to save it.
#7. Disable Your VPN
Suppose you are enabled a VPN while you are using the Discord app. Then, we recommend you disable it and then check if the issue gets resolved or not. This creates an issue because Discord is a very famous application and known for its security and privacy.
So, when you use a VPN sometimes, it considers it suspicious activity and blocks your IP address. Therefore, it is better to disable the VPN.
So, these were some fixes that you can try to eliminate the Discord no route RTC connecting error. We hope this comprehensive guide helped you. But, in case if you are still stuck on the same error, let us know in the comment section. We will try to help you further as soon as possible.