Microsoft Store is a one-stop solution for downloading apps and games. When it fails to deliver due to the ‘Microsoft Store is blocked’ error caused by unusual activities, the frustration can never be expressed in words.
Although the error isn’t permanent, it is annoying when we are trying to download crucial apps. However, if you are encountering the same error, here are the best ways to fix the ‘Microsoft Store is blocked’ issue on Windows 11.
It could be caused by the system administrator or other programs blocking the app. However, we have a handful of solutions to unblock the Microsoft Store.
How to Fix Microsoft Store Is Blocked on Windows 11
The error code 0x800704EC may sound difficult to fix without technical knowledge, but it only requires a few simple responses from your side to resolve the issue without needing technical expertise.
1. Try to Open Microsoft Store using Run
If you can’t open Microsoft Store on Windows 11, then the first and foremost step is to open it using the Run tool. This often helps improve compatibility with the system. Additionally, it can clear caches, so you can expect the issue to be resolved.
- You either type Windows + R or search for the Run tool.
- Very simple type wsreset.exe and hit the enter button. Now try to open the Microsoft Store to check working well or not.
2. Perform Microsoft Store Troubleshooter
Windows has facilitated troubleshooting features, allowing users to fix minor to intermediate issues with system apps and software. Therefore, we can use the Microsoft Store troubleshooter when we encounter the app being blocked on the system.
- Press Windows > Settings > System.
- Then click on Troubleshoot.
- On the next window, click on Other troubleshooters.
- You find Windows Store Apps, here you’ve clicked on the Run button to perform Microsoft Store troubleshooting. It will show you the exact problem to fix it from your side by following its instruction.
3. Disable Windows Defender for a While
In-built Windows Defender is a very handy tool when it comes to protecting the device from viruses, trojans, and other unwanted threats. Also, works as a network and firewall protector. But it’s not rosy all the time.
However, it sometimes detects non-malicious files as malicious and blocks the app. As a result, we are unable to use the app while it is blocked by Windows Defender.
- Press Windows start > Settings > Privacy & Security.
- Next, click on Windows security > Open Windows security.
- Then select Virus and Threat Protection, and click on Manage Settings.
- Now turn off the toggle button of Real-time protection. It will stop Windows security service. Now you can Microsoft Store is opening or throwing the same error.
4. Reset Microsoft Store
Along with troubleshooting features, the Windows system also provides repair and rest features to fix any issue related to specific apps.
- Press Windows > Settings > Apps.
- Select Installed app.
- Find Microsoft Store, and click on Three-dots to select Advanced options.
- Scroll down and click on the Repair button.
- Now follow the same path to reset Microsoft Store by clicking on the Reset button.
5. Enable Microsoft Store using Group Policy Editor
Whether you have disabled the Microsoft Store on Group Policy Editor or any other, you can enable Microsoft Store using Group Policy Editor. Let’s follow this.
- You either press Windows + R or search for the Run tool.
- Then type gpedit.msc on the run tool and hit the enter button.
- Now follow this path on your Group Policy Editor.
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Store
- You can find Turn off the Store application, here right-click on it and select Edit.
- Here you have to select either Not Configured or Disabled, then hit Apply and Ok.
- Restart the system to effect the troubleshooting.
6. Reinstall Microsoft Store
Here is another effective to fix the issue when you are facing a Microsoft Store blocking issue. Firstly, you should uninstall the app from the system and install again it again.
Uninstall Microsoft Store
- Press Windows > search for PowerShell > click on Run as administrator.
- Next type the following command and hit enter button.
- You will get the package name from the Microsoft Store, copy it.
- Now add remove-appxpackage before the package name of Microsoft, just like the following syntax below, and hit the enter button.
- Now restart the system to uninstall the Microsoft Store. It will clear out all available issues inside the app.
Install Microsoft Store
- Open PowerShell as administrator.
- Then type this command on PowerShell, and hit enter.
Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11804.1001.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml” –DisableDevelopmentMode
- Microsoft Store will be usable once again.
7. Update Windows
Outdated always bring some trouble when it comes to compatibility with system and apps. So you should consider using updated devices.
- Press Windows > Settings > Windows updates.
- Now download and install the latest available updates. Otherwise, click on Check for updates to get the latest update to download.
So these are some of the best ways to fix “Microsoft Store is blocked” on the Windows 11 system. Hopefully, all shared method comes out useful for you. If you have any questions or doubts, let us know in the comment section.