There are chances of getting an error “Not Responding Due to a Long-Running Script” on Internet Explorer version 11. This error appears when the users try to scroll down the website on Internet Explorer 11. However, this error is quite common while using Internet Explorer 11.
The reason for getting this error might be a generic fault or if the script debugging feature is on. There might be any reason for getting this error, but don’t worry as there is a solution to solve this error.
3 Best Ways to Fix Not responding due to a long-running script Error:-
While scrolling a website on the Internet Explorer, you might have seen this error. If you have the error, then don’t panic, go through this article and get a solution. Follow any method which is given below and solve the error.
Method 1: Disable Script Debugging
Most of the users were affected by this error because the script debugging was enabled. However, the majority of the users have solved this error by disabling the script debugging from the Internet Options menu.
Yes, this error can be solved by accessing the Advanced settings of Internet Explorer and then disabling the script debugging.
So, let us check out the steps to use this method of disabling script debugging to solve the error on Internet Explorer 11.
- Open Run Command by pressing Windows + R keys together on the keyboard
- Now, in the search box type inetcpl.cpl and click OK
- You will see the Internet Options dialogue box, and there click on the Advanced tab.
- Now, Go to Settings > Browsing > Disable Script debugging (Internet Explorer).
- Click on the box which is next to Disable Script debugging (Internet Explorer)
- Below, the Disable Script debugging option there is a Display a Notification about every script error, uncheck that box.
- Click on Apply and then press OK and save the changes to exit.
- That’s it! Close the Internet Explorer 11 and restart the browser and scroll down any website. You will not see the error anymore.
Method 2: Running The Troubleshooter
The reason for getting the error is a genetic glitch then you can fix it by running the Windows Internet troubleshooter. It will automatically detect the problems with your Internet Explorer and will repair it automatically.
Here is the quick guide to repair the ‘Not responding due to a long-running script’ error:
- First of all, download the Windows Internet Troubleshooter from the given link.
- Once it is downloaded, open the Troubleshooter
- Once it is opened, click on Advanced
- Click on the box next to Apply repairs automatically and click on Next
- The troubleshooter will run and detect the error automatically which is related to Internet Explorer 11.
- It will fix any error automatically.
Method 3: Uninstalling 3rd party security suite
Some of the users have also reported that this issue can be caused by an antivirus suite also. McAfee Security and BitDefender are reported for causing this error.
If you are getting ‘Not responding due to a long-running script’ error and you think that the 3rd party antivirus is the problem then fix it by disabling it or uninstall that app.
If you want to disable the app then go to the task-bar menu there you will see the option of disabling the app. Or If you want to disable temporarily, then choose it or else disable permanently. The steps will be different as it depends on what you prefer.
Once you follow any of the above-given methods, just restart your computer and try scrolling down through the website.
- FIX: Aw, Snap! Something went wrong Error on Google Chrome
- Fix: ‘Be Careful with this Message. Content Steal Personal Information’ on Gmail
- FIX: d3dcompiler_43.dll Not Found or Missing Error in Windows 10
- FIX: The Remote Computer Requires Network Level Authentication
- FIX – Can’t Clear Timeline History in Windows 10 Issue
- Fix Language Issues For Non-Unicode Program in Windows 10
- Fix Black Desktop Screen On Windows 10