The YouTube autoplay feature lets you automatically play the next video after a video gets ended, whether you’re watching a YouTube video or YouTube playlist. In contrast with YouTube playlist autoplay, you will see a countdown circle of ten seconds and a text that the following video will begin playing after the current video ends.
However, the next video will have diverse contents and genres depending on your viewing history. But unfortunately, for many users, the YouTube Autoplay is not working right now. However, although there is no proper reason behind this issue, we have still managed to bring some fixes that will help you fix if the Autoplay is also not working for you. So, now let’s move on to the guide without wasting any more time.
Also Read- How To Fix YouTube Not Working on Android
- Methods To Fix YouTube Autoplay Not Working
- Fix YouTube Autoplay on Web
- Fix YouTube Autoplay on Smartphones
Methods To Fix YouTube Autoplay Not Working
The Autoplay feature on YouTube lets you know what to watch next without having to stop watching. In addition, automatic playback of another related video occurs when Autoplay is enabled. So, if you are also encountering the same error, then make sure to follow the methods that we have mentioned below:
Fix YouTube Autoplay on Web
So, if you are using YouTube on your browser and facing this issue, you must perform these methods to fix the issue.
Fix 1: Toggle AutoPlay Button
The Autoplay may be disabled on your device. Or possibilities are also there that you may have disabled the autoplay feature on your device. Therefore, you need to re-enable it. But, how? Let’s see.
- First of all, open your browser and hover over to YouTube.
- Then, play any video toggle the autoplay button located at the window’s top to enable/disable it.
- After that, tap on the Settings option and verify if the AutoPlay switch is turned on.
- That’s it. Now, verify if the issue gets fixed or not. However, if not, then tap on your Profile and sign out from YouTube. Then, again re-login using your credentials and check again if it helps.
Fix 2: Update Web Browser
There are chances that your browser may have some pending updates due to which you are getting this kind of issue. However, we have many reports where users reported that the issue automatically gets fixed after updating their browser. Therefore, it is highly advised to check for updates and, if available, then update it immediately.
- Go to Settings > About Chrome > Check for Latest Updates or Build.
Fix 3: Clear Cache Data of Browser
It is also possible that there are some temporary files stored on your browser, also known as cache data, due to which you are getting this issue. These cache files are stored just to make sure that you won’t have to wait for long next time you visit the same page. But, when these cache files get damaged, these kinds of issues start bothering you. So, let’s take a look at the instructions to do so:
- First of all, launch your browser and click on the three-dot button.
- After that, click on the More Tools button and select clear browsing data, or you can simply press the Ctrl + Shift + Del.
- Then, checkmark the boxes for the options you want to delete and hit the Clear Data. Also, do the same for the Advanced section.
Fix 4: Remove Videos From Your PlayList
If you have added some videos on your Playlist, then sometimes there are chances that you may face this kind of issue due to this. Therefore, it is advised to remove the videos from your Playlist. So, let’s see how.
- First of all, open your browser and open the YouTube web on your PC.
- After that, click on the three vertical line buttons and tap on the Library button.
- Then, open your Playlist and select any video. Then, tap on the three-dot button located on your video.
- After that, hit the Remove from the Playlist button. Then, repeat the same for other videos, and once done, check if the YouTube autoplay is not working issue gets resolved or not.
Fix YouTube Autoplay on Smartphones
We have already mentioned all the necessary methods to easily resolve the issue if you are using the YouTube web. But, what, if you are using the YouTube application. Well, don’t worry; you can simply follow the methods given below:
Fix 1: Restart YouTube App
You can easily fix this issue by restarting your YouTube app on your device. However, many users previously reported that they find this method really helpful. Therefore, you must try this out and check if the issue gets fixed or not.
Fix 2: Disable Muted Playback Feature
Did you check if you have accidentally muted the playback feature or not? Well, there are chances that you may accidentally enable it. So, you can follow the steps that we have mentioned below to disable the muted feature:
- Firstly, launch the YouTube app and tap on the Profile > Settings.
- After that, navigate to the General section and select the Muted Playback Feeds.
- Then, turn it off and check if the issue gets fixed or not.
Fix 3: Reinstall YouTube App
If nothing helps you resolve the Autoplay not working on your YouTube app, then we suggest you reinstall the YouTube application on your device. After that, check again if the issue gets fixed or not.
So, that’s all on how to fix the YouTube Autoplay is not working. We hope this guide has helped you. However, for more info, comment below.