As technology is increasing rapidly, touchscreen monitors and laptops are very popular nowadays. Many people are interested in purchasing touchscreen monitors and laptops. However, as Windows users, many of you encounter the frustrating experience of the HID-compliant touch screen not showing an error.
This error appears for a variety of reasons, including the latest Windows update, outdated Windows and driver versions, defective system files, and a few others, which we will discuss in this article.
If you have recently encountered this error in Windows 11, this article is for you. We have mentioned some of the best methods to fix the “HID-compliant touch screen driver is missing and no longer available in Device Manager error”. Without any further delay, let’s get to the main points.
Best Ways to Fix HID-Compliant Touch Screen Driver is Missing
Here, we have discussed the best ways to fix the “Touch screen driver is missing” error that you can follow with step-by-step guidance.
1. Restart Your Computer
The first step you can try is to restart your computer or laptop because sometimes, for whatever reason, some drivers may fail to run properly, which you can fix by restarting your computer. So, restart your Windows and check whether the issue is resolved. If you still encounter the issue after the restart, move to the next method.
2. Unhide the Hidden Devices in Device Manager
You may have accidentally hidden the HID touchscreen driver, which you can fix by opening the hidden drive. Below, we have mentioned the steps to unhide the hidden devices.
- Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, click on the View menu option.
- Click on the Show Hidden Devices option.
- Now, click on the Action Menu and tap on Scan for hardware changes.
- Go to the Human Interface Devices category and check for the HID-Compliant touch screen driver option in this category list.
- If it’s available and grayed out, that means it’s hidden. Simply right-click on it and click on the Uninstall button.
- Lastly, restart your computer. After the restart, Windows will automatically detect the missing driver and reinstall it automatically.
3. Run SFC Scan and DISM Scan
Running an SFC scan and DISM scan does not directly resolve missing driver-related issues. If the problem is related to corrupted or damaged system files that affect the drivers then this method will fix it by repairing those files which can indirectly solve the missing driver issue.
- Press Windows + X and click on the Terminal (Admin) option, then tap on Yes to continue.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and press Enter.
- After the SFC scan, run DISM commands one by one and press Enter after each command.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once you have run all the DISM commands, restart your computer and check if it resolves the issue or not.
4. Check for Driver and Windows Updates
Outdated drivers and Windows can also cause a missing HID-compliant touchscreen driver. Follow the steps below to check if there are any drivers and Windows updates available. Updating them may fix this problem.
- Go to Windows Settings by pressing the Windows key + I on the keyboard.
- Click on Windows Update > Advanced options.
- Scroll down and under the Additional Options section, click on Optional Updates.
- Click on the Driver updates option, then if there is an update available select it
and click on the Download and Install button.
- After successfully installing the driver, go back to the Windows Update option.
- Click on the Check for updates button.
- If there are any updates available, click on the Download & install button.
5. Change Touch Screen Driver Value
We all know that the Registry Editor in Windows contains important system settings and configurations, and improperly configured values can cause various problems including missing HID-compliant touch screens. Follow the steps below to change the values of the touch screen driver in Registry Editor.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box and type regedit, then click on the OK button.
- Navigate to the path mentioned below. You can also copy and paste the path.
- Find the TouchGate key in the right pane.
- If there is no Touchgate key, right-click on the empty white space and go to New > DWORD (32-bit).
- Enter the name TouchGate.
- Double-click on the TouchGate key and change the value data to 1, then click on the OK button to save changes.
6. Uninstall Windows Update
If the HID-compliant touchscreen error appears after updating Windows, you can easily uninstall the latest Windows updates.
- Press the Windows key + I to go to Windows Settings.
- Click on Windows Update > Update history.
- Scroll down and click on the Uninstall updates option.
- Click on the Uninstall button of the latest Windows update option, which you can select by checking the installed date. Click the uninstall option again to confirm.
7. Reset Windows
If none of the methods work, resetting Windows is the last option to fix this problem. Follow the steps below to properly reset Windows.
- Press Windows key + I to open Windows Settings.
- Go to the System > Recovery option.
- Click on the Reset PC button.
- Select the Keep My Files option.
- Click on Cloud Download. For this, you have to connect your PC to the internet.
- Finally, click on the Reset button and wait for the process to complete.
That’s all for this article, if you have read this article to the end, you may have fixed the touch screen missing driver issue. All the methods are very effective and working. However, if you still have any questions related to this article, you can share them with us in the comments section, and we will try to provide you with the best guidance.