Regarding electronic signatures in PDF, we started thinking about printouts, scanning, etc. Generally, PDF is non-editable. Therefore, adding electronic signatures is more hectic to accomplish quickly.
Even if you wanted to enjoy a moment of receiving a contract or lease email from the client. Following the procedure, until you don’t send the email back to the client with a signature, you can’t enjoy it.
However, if you want a faster and more convenient way to add a sign in a PDF file, here is the post about electronically sign PDF documents without printing and scanning them to follow. You can add your electronic signature smoothly, regardless of the device and OS. Without further ado, let’s begin.
Difference Between Digital Signature and Electronic Signature
Many of us remained under confusion between these two terms: electronic signature and digital signature. An electronic signature is an image of your signature that can be attached to PDF and other digital documents.
Since the rising of the portability of digital documents over traditional ones, many people prefer digital documents with all necessary data, including signatures. Therefore, an electronic signature comes in handy.
Consequently, an electronic signature is more commonly used. And you can do it with any device from anywhere. All you need to do is choose a perfect and capable PDF editor.
A digital signature is defined as a digital code that can be authorized only with public key encryption. It replicates the identity of someone with attached electronic documents to verify the identity securely.
A digital signature uses different approaches since it is entirely different from an electronic signature. Coming back to the point, let’s see how to sign a PDF electronically.
How to Electronically Sign PDF Documents Without Printing and Scanning Them
Electronically signing on a PDF document is as easy as eating pies within a few clicks with the right tools. Here is the simple process to follow in other devices you want to prefer accordingly.
1. Windows using Adobe Acrobat
We may have many options in Windows to add a sign-in PDF document. Apart from all of these, Adobe Acrobat is one best and most prominent in PDF. Moreover, it is way more convenient as well.
- Open Adobe Acrobat, download it if you don’t have one.
- Then open the exact PDF document you want to add an electronic signature and click on Fill & Sign from the right pane.
- Next, click on Sign, and then select Signature.
- Now you have three available options to add your signature to the document: choose to draw out of three because it is most practical and relevant.
- Here you can draw your signature the way you create on paper. Now click on Apply button. Don’t forget to position the signature correctly.
2. MAC Using Preview
MAC users will take advantage of the Preview app, which is an inbuilt image viewer and editor. It also supports PDF editing and manipulation. Therefore, attaching an electronic signature becomes easy in MAC.
The huge and highly sensitive trackpad is an additional advantage to creating the signature accurately. Here is what you need to follow.
- Open the PDF Document in the Preview app.
- Then click on the Show Markup Toolbar.
- Next, click on the Sign.
- Now you have to create your signature using the trackpad. Even it allows adding signatures through webcam and iPhone. Add your signature accordingly.
- Next, click on the sign, which will appear on the menu windows. Now adjust the size of the signature to use in the PDF.
3. Android Using Adobe Apk
There is nothing that can’t be completed in Android. It has no official PDF editor yet, but numerous apps are available in the Play Store that you can use to attach a sign in a PDF document.
Here we will use the Adobe Fill & Sign app. You can download and install the app from here.
- Open Adobe Fill & Sign, and open the document inside the app.
- Now tap on the pen button, and then click on the create signature on the screen.
- Now draw your signature carefully.
- Place the signature properly, and then click on done to share or finish.
4. iPhones and iPads using Markup
iOS has done superb work on it. You might not need any third-party apps to sign in a PDF document without scanning and printing electronically.
You can find a markup feature in the mail app to add an electronic signature. Even you can add a signature from the Markup tool. Using directly through the mail is smooth when sending the PDF document with a sign.
Here is what you need to follow to add a signature via the markup feature.
- Open File > Find PDF Document > Press on it and hold.
- Then click on the Markup.
- To add a signature, select any pen from the bottom line; you can also choose transparency or width.
- Now keep the signature in perfect position, and select done.
Your document will be ready to send right after tapping on done; you can make changes accordingly.
5. Chromebook using HelloSign
Chromebook users also have several options to add an electronic signature on PDF documents. HelloSign is always one of the best web tools for the same. The clean interface allows you to add signatures using images or drawing in peace of mind.
Moreover, HelloSign provides three free signatures attached in a month. The integration with Google Drive is an additional point. However, DocuSign is another superb web that you can consider. This is what you need to follow in HelloSign.
- Open HelloSign and choose the PDF you want to add to the sign.
- Now click on the edit signature, now select the method to add a signature. You can draw, type, and add a photo signature.
Once you have done the insert the image of the signature or draw, you are good to go.
So these are the perfect ways to add sign to a PDF document without scanning and printing them. Depending on your device, you can choose any method accordingly. If you have any questions or doubts, don’t forget to ask us in the comment.