As Microsoft is finally ending support for Windows 7 this month, the company is urging everyone to upgrade their OS as quickly as possible. While upgrading this is only possible by purchasing the original OS or a new system/laptop, here’s a quick way to get that for free, absolutely!
Microsoft is now finally ending the Version 7 of Windows. The news is official already, at least expected, as all the windows upgrades from Microsoft have a lifespan of 10 years. As the Windows 7 was launched back in 2009, it’s official term period would be ending on January 14, 2020.
Well, most of you could be happy with the regular Windows 7 and be okay until the software runs normally even without updates. But you may be missing the actual thing here. Security Threat!
With the rapid advancement of technology, internet fraudsters are spreading malicious malware every minute and compromising the systems in almost every way possible. Hedging against attacks could be possible with tight antivirus softwares or updating the system with security patches passed by the manufacturer.
And here, it’s the Microsoft. The OS maker gives regular security patches and updates to its customize whenever needed. While you may avoid the cool features, you can’t ignore the security things. If did, this could lead to hard consequences as security breaches, ransomware attacks etc. So here you go, follow these simple steps to upgrade the Windows 10 Original.
- Go to the Download page of Windows 7
- Here, select the Download Tool now and download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
- After installation, click on Upgrade this PC now and on Next.
- Before hitting the final Continue, make sure select the Keep personal files and apps option.
- After all these, the final step is to connect to the internet and Activate the Windows update from Settings, which will enable you to be an owner of genuine Windows 10 OS through a digital license.
Note: This upgrade will happen only if you’re having the system running on Windows 7 original OS.