When the user mounts a drive inside any folder, the folder will behave like it is an actual drive that the user sees in File Explorer. This is a great feature to let you see the folder’s contents. So how can you mount or unmount a drive in a folder in Windows 11?
Doing so is not a very difficult task. In this article, we will be discussing the complete step-by-step guide to mount as well as unmount a drive in Windows 11.
Mount or Unmount a Drive in a Folder in Windows 11
Given below are the steps to help you mount as well as unmount a drive-
1. Mount a Drive in a Folder
The user can mount a drive in a folder using the Settings app. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Go to the Start menu, search for Settings and open the settings app on your device.
- Under the System section, click on the Storage option.
- Next, click on the Advanced Storage Settings option to expand it.
- There, click on the Disk & Volumes option.
- Next to the drive you want to mount, click on the Properties option.
- Now under the Paths section., click on the +Add button.
- Enter the path of the folder where you want to mount the drive and click on the OK button.
Also Read- How To Password Protect Files & Folders in Windows
2. Unmount a Drive from a Folder
You can also unmount the drive if you no longer want it to be mounted. Given below are the steps to unmount a drive from a folder in Windows 11-
- Go to the Start menu, search for the Settings app and open it.
- While in the System tab, click on the Storage option.
- Now, expand Advanced Storage Settings by clicking on it.
- Next, click on the Disk and Volume option.
- Click on the Properties option next to the drive you have mounted.
- Now, click on the Remove button under the assigned path.
- Restart your PC and the drive will be unmounted.
That’s how you can mount and unmount a drive in a folder in Windows 11. If you want to mount a drive or unmount it, then you can follow the steps given above and you will be able to do it easily.
1. What is the Purpose of Mounting?
This helps you manage storage depending on the work environment and system usage.
2. How do I Mount and Unmount A Disk in Windows?
You can mount and unmount a disk in Windows by following the above article. This article discusses the complete process to mount and unmount a drive so you can follow it.
3. Does Unnmounting Delete Data?
No, unmounting does not delete the data but makes the client’s system file unavailable.