Nvidia has just rolled out a new update – Shield Experience 9.1.1 to all its Shield TV devices, which includes a lot of improvements and bug fixes.
Some of these include a new power control option to wake the Shield devices, a developer option to force the Dolby Vision Low Latency, resolving bugs in automatic game mode, etc. All these are packed in the new Experience 9.1.1 update.
Nvidia Shield Experience Update
To the unknown, Nvidia doesn’t only make GPUs for PCs but also a range of other hardware usable by regular people. One among them is the Shield TV streaming devices, similar to Google’s Chromecast or Roku bundles.
The Shield TV devices consist of two sub-line-ups of – a regular Shield TV and the Shield TV Pro – both supporting 4K content streaming and other features. Though they’re more expensive than the other streaming devices, Nvidia’s offering gives the best 4K streaming experience in the market.
With its AI upscaling technology, the Nvidia Shield TV series can automatically upgrade any content to 4K resolution. And with Nvidia’s constant updates to better them make them worth buying. Lately, the company has rolled out a new update to these devices, called Shield Experience 9.1.1, with the below notes;
- Adds power control option to wake SHIELD when TV input changes to SHIELD
- Adds developer option to force Dolby Vision Low Latency if available
- Enable if Dolby Vision not properly detected on some Philips TVs
- Resolves large smb file transfer disconnect issues by disabling anonymous access by virus scanners
- Adds developer option to improve HDMI-CEC volume control for AVR/Soundbars (“Clean up preferred playback logical address”)
- General cleanup and re-organization of developer options.
Bug Fixes SHIELD TV App
- [Android only] Resolves an issue where the SHIELD TV app would not launch properly on some Samsung Galaxy phones
- Fixes bug where protected content would not play if external storage is connected
- Fixes color accuracy bug when “Default to Rec .709 for HD videos” developer option is enabled
- Fixes issue where Automatic Game Mode would be enabled on NVIDIA Games even when disabled
- [SHIELD 2019 models] Resolves video crash issue when seeking in quick succession when Dolby Audio Processing is enabled
- [SHIELD 2019 models] Resolves an issue where audio would not be present until a reboot when Dolby Audio Processing is enabled
- [SHIELD 2019 models] Resolves an issue where audio would play at an accelerated rate when Dolby Audio Processing is enabled
- Fixes bug where files were not detected properly on connected removable storage
- Fixes bug when mounting NAS using IP addresses for accounts with empty passwords
- Resolves issue where Simplified wake buttons would not power on IR-controlled TV
- Resolves issue where SHIELD would be unresponsive to BT devices up to 60 seconds after startup
- [2015/2017 SHIELD] Resolves MxMaster 3 BT mouse pairing issue
- Resolves issue where TV remote would not control SHIELD 30 seconds after waking SHIELD
- Resolves some issues where CEC volume control was not functioning properly on AV receivers or soundbars
- Resolves issue where Control4 systems would not wake up SHIELD if systems is turned off while Screensaver is active